Author Topic: Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position - P3Dv4.2 and last Version GSX  (Read 3326 times)

L-1011

Hi

P3Dv4.2 with last versione of GSX.
Some airports (initially manually added to on add-on.xml for installation) are unable to read by GSX for AFCAD and generate the error "Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position".
I've tried to move it on scenery.cfg, add the string to "airport_visibility_xxxxxxxxx = 0" to file Couatladdons.INI and to cancel %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl but no one work.
Have other idea?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Your message is not very clear:

1) Which airports are you referring to ?

2) Which AFCAD is read by GSX (you can check it in the parking customization page). You must do this when you are located in the position that is supposedly not recognized.

add the string to "airport_visibility_xxxxxxxxx = 0

If you really added *this* string, it's no wonder is not doing anything, since I'm quite sure there's no airport that has an xxxxxxxxx icao. If the problem is in fact a conflicting auxiliary airport, which you can verify by checking item #2, you must create a separate airport_visibility string for each of such airports, adding the ICAO code of the airport you want to exclude.

L-1011

Hi

"airport_visibility_xxxxxxxxx = 0" is only an example...I've this problem ("Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position") with LIMF and LIPY of Rfscenerybuilding.
Then the strings added are airport_visibility_LIMF = 0 and airport_visibility_LIPY = 0 but this generate the GSX message of the post object.

With these strings added I don't in menu the Parking Customization tag.

Actually I try to purge alla GSX folder and subfolder after unistalle then...restart of WIN and P3D seem that now working...I will inform you if this issue come out again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Then the strings added are airport_visibility_LIMF = 0 and airport_visibility_LIPY = 0 but this generate the GSX message of the post object.

It's entirely normal you would see such message from GSX, if you added THIS string to the airport visibility because, you have told GSX to exclude any airport name LIPY or LIMF from GSX so, GSX it's obviously complying to your request, and have excluded them.

The meaning of this string is NOT to "I have problem with this airport, so set it at visibility 0 to automatically fix it". What the string is used for, is to exclude ANOTHER airport, with ANOTHER ICAO, which is either too close to the one you have a problem with, or it's inside of it.

Such airports will have a *different* ICAO from the main one, which might be either a real one (because the real one *is* very close), or it's a fake one. So, it's THI (other) ICAO you must exclude, not the main one!

I'll quote from the GSX Manual, Page 24:

A real world example of this might be OrbX’s Monterrey Regional Airport - KRMY, which comes with an auxiliary AFCAD with an added code for the (fictional) KMRZ airport. By default, GSX might find the fictional KMRZ is closer to your position, and use that one instead of the main KMRY, which is probably what you wanted to use.

To fix this, the line added to the [GSX] section of the CouatlAddons.INI file would look like this:

airport_visibility_KMRZ = 0

This will prevent GSX to use KMRZ, and prefer the larger airport instead, which is the most common case.

Which is why, I told you to go to the place where the parking are not recognized, and check which ICAO is used, and verify if the problem is in fact a problem of another airport too close. IF this is the problem, THEN you can use the airport_visibility command to fix it.

If the problem is something *else*, for example another AFCAD in conflict, the airport_visibility is useless, because you MUST fix the conflicting AFCAD problem.