Author Topic: JFK crashing  (Read 3639 times)

ek1118

JFK crashing
« on: April 19, 2018, 11:24:34 pm »
Hi,
  I'm able to get all my preflight chores done, however when I get to the head of the runway JFK everything crashes. Fresh install, any thoughts ?

Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK crashing
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 11:05:56 am »
We had a similar case a couple of days ago, an user was also convinced JFK crashed his system but, after a Teamviewer session, we discover the cause was instead FSUIPC, which was both outdated, and it crashed the sim because one of the following files was corrupted:

- the wxstationlist.BIN, under %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX (if you use FSX) or %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D vxxx (if you use P3D)

and/or

- a .WX file in the Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files or Documents\Flight Simulator X files folder

Removing the wxstationlist.BIN and all the .WX files, fixed the crash.

freded

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 01:34:14 am »
We had a similar case a couple of days ago, an user was also convinced JFK crashed his system but, after a Teamviewer session, we discover the cause was instead FSUIPC, which was both outdated, and it crashed the sim because one of the following files was corrupted:

- the wxstationlist.BIN, under %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX (if you use FSX) or %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D vxxx (if you use P3D)

and/or

- a .WX file in the Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files or Documents\Flight Simulator X files folder

Hi virtuali,

I just found this topic and, following your advice, removed wxstationlist.BIN and all .WX files having KJFK references.

I now have a stable KJFK for the first time and shall now try reintroducing AI aircraft and see what happens.

Have now restarted P3D.v3.4.18 with Ultimate Traffic running and am glad to report that KJFK is still stable!

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mark

Regards,

Mark

trisho0

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 12:13:34 am »

and/or

I have PMDG aircraft .xw files, need to be deleted too?
Or, just only related with KJFK .xw files?