Author Topic: All of a Sudden In Trial Mode  (Read 4476 times)

Aang72

All of a Sudden In Trial Mode
« on: April 19, 2018, 04:40:21 pm »
I have bought this product before and had no issues.  Then when I started it up today it said I was in Trial mode and there was two addon managers.

When I open one of them, it all looks right, everything I own is registered and active.

But the second one, the one it seems FSX is using now, ALL of them are in trial mode.

I have attached a Screenshot of the Menu part only, will post the others if requested.

The only difference between last night and today is that windows did a 5 program updates, which ones I do not know off hand

This was not like this last night.  How should I go and fix this?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 04:56:11 pm by Aang72 »

Aang72

Re: All of a Sudden In Trial Mode
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 06:41:43 pm »
I fixed this by uninstalling everyting, including the addon manager and reinstalling every airport from scratch.  I had to lose all my modifications such as parking codes, but it is working now.

But I still would like to know if this has been reported before.

I do love these airports

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 11:08:13 am »
Your problem (the two Addon Manager) was caused by having installed a scenery made with an OLD version of the installer (one that used to install *into* the sim) AFTER having installed a scenery made with a NEW version of the installer (one that installs outside the sim).

You can install and old installer and then a newer one, because the new one will remove the old Addon Manager, but you cannot do the opposite, since the old installer doesn't know anything of the new addon manager location, so you'll end up with two copies, and products not working correctly.

Aang72

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 06:04:03 am »
Thank you,

I figured out what happened.  When my Quality Wings 757 got itself corrupted and I had to reinstall the program, it reinstalls an older Addon Manager version.

Ironically, when I reinstall the newest one (such as reinstalling O'hare) Quality Wings 757 becomes inoperable. Not of course the fault of these programs.

Thank you for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 11:49:03 pm »
Ironically, when I reinstall the newest one (such as reinstalling O'hare) Quality Wings 757 becomes inoperable.

No, it doesn't. It's still perfectly usable, with just ONE issue: you cannot have the QW757 to be saved as a default startup airplane, because of the updates in the Esellerate SDK which happened almost 2 years ago that we had to support, but those required a small change in the QW757 Gauge code too, there's just nothing we can do to fix this on our side, while maintaining compatibility with the newest Esellerate library.

We explained this to Qualitywings a while ago, offering also our help to do the changes, assuming they were too busy with newer products.

However, they haven't show any interest to update the existing 757 so, until they'll finally fix it, you will have to switch to the QW757 only after having loaded another airplane first. Or, just load the QW757 AGAIN, if it's saved as a default airplane.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 11:13:06 am by virtuali »

Aang72

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 01:30:14 am »
Thank you very much for your help.  You guys are awesome and thats why I love your products