Author Topic: GSX Addon Manager doesn't show up **SOLVED 4.0 not supported anymore**  (Read 1665 times)

Punit

Hi Guys,

So I bought the GSX and installed it. But the addon manager didn't show up. I read many posts related to this and didn't find the solution. I installed it with Antivirus off and disabled Firewall. I am using Prepar3d v4.0. The GSX installer I used is the latest downloaded from the website. When I purchased it had older version of installer that worked excellent with this P3D v4.0 but as soon as I used this new installer, the addon manager doesn't appear in the addons dropdown.

Then I updated to Prepar3d v4.2 and suddenly everything worked fine.

So my question is why did it not work on Prepar3d v4.0 with the new installer? I don't want to use v4.2 because it is giving me some ORBX textures related issues. I don't have the previous old installer with me as I pasted the new one on it.

Would appreciate if anyone could help!!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:07:36 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Addon Manager doesn't show up
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 01:07:13 am »
I read many posts related to this and didn't find the solution

It was discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17585.msg123254.html#msg123254

And we posted it on the Live Update release notes, that you can read from the Live Updater notification in the sim:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Note to P3D4.0 users: this update requires at least Prepar3D 4.1, it won't work on 4.0 due to different SDK used.

So my question is why did it not work on Prepar3d v4.0 with the new installer?

Because it's compiled using the 4.1 SDK, since we require some of its features, and that's not backward compatible with 4.0

I don't want to use v4.2 because it is giving me some ORBX textures related issues. I don't have the previous old installer with me as I pasted the new one on it.

Then you don't want to use 4.0 too, because it WILL give you some FSDT texture related issues. The very well known P3D 4.0 bug of black textures when you have many addons installed, which has been fixed in 4.1
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:11:37 am by virtuali »