Author Topic: g3d.dll is from FS9.0, cant install  (Read 6706 times)

DavidBusDriver

g3d.dll is from FS9.0, cant install
« on: April 26, 2009, 11:21:46 pm »
Hey there, just downloaded KLAS and tried to install it, but when I run the program it immediately gives me a message saying my g3d.dll is from FS9.0, rather than FS9.1... but, I then try to install the FS9.1 upgrade which tells me everything is working correctly, wondering how to rectify this so I can install and then purchase this fantastic looking scenery!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: g3d.dll is from FS9.0, cant install
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 12:04:45 am »
Try to use the search function or browse the forum: it has been explained several times.

We are beginning to suspect there's a rogue addon product out there that downgrades the g3d.dll from 9.1 to 9.0, which is both dangerous, and probably illegal...

Can you just check if other .DLLs in the modules folder have a 9.1 version ? The version number can be checked by right-click on a file, select "Properties", then "Details"

DavidBusDriver

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 09:06:27 pm »
Apologies for opening up the topic again, certainly no pirated addons in my FS9 but I wonder why any addon would need to install a core .dll file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 09:24:08 pm »
Apologies for opening up the topic again, certainly no pirated addons in my FS9 but I wonder why any addon would need to install a core .dll file?

I haven't said you have a pirated addon. I've said that *maybe* there's an addon installer out there that replaces the g3d.dll file with the FS9.0 version, I don't know why but, it there is such thing, it would be probably illegal (because that file belongs to Microsoft and it's not redistributable), but that doens't obiously means the addon itself is pirated or that is your fault in any way.

But, the fact that it seems that many users have installed the 9.1 update (that's why the updater say there's nothing to udpate), but still have the g3d.dll file, seems to be suspicious, THAT'S why I've asked you to check other .DLL files in the MODULES folder, to know if your whole MODULES folder is from 9.0, or it's JUST the g3d.dll file.

DavidBusDriver

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 10:07:16 pm »
Got you lol, yes I do understand what you mean now, as I thought a Microsoft core file surely could not be redistributed... anyway found a solution to the problem by deleting the "BACKUP" folder which tells the FS9.1 updater whether or not 9.1 is installed - so expect a credit card payment very very soon!!!!