Author Topic: Monolith at approach end of 18L KCLT  (Read 9056 times)

jwyman

Re: Monolith at approach end of 18L KCLT
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 03:50:05 am »
It.s baaaaaaacccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 08:31:30 am »
I'm sorry but, if you are really convinced to use FSX, at least use the latest version of it, which is FSX:SE.

FSX SP2 has still some rendering bugs left, and nobody is going to fix them. Not that FSX:SE is any different, because that one won't be upgraded anymore but, at least, is based on FSX:X-Pack, which never had these bugs which were specific to FSX-SP2

jwyman

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 09:26:06 pm »
Its not the issue of being convinced or not ( to use FSX:SE) It's a matter of practicality, coast, time, etc... Not much of a choice...

Well, here's the kicker.. I assume you are using other 3-D components on the other runways and they are not showing the issue.

I am running multiple third- party sceneries and this in the only one of the FSDT sceneries doing it. Other FSDT sceneries appear to be ok...

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 11:20:46 pm »
I am running multiple third- party sceneries and this in the only one of the FSDT sceneries doing it. Other FSDT sceneries appear to be ok...

It's possible you'll see something similar at Zurich (a long pole in the air), which is the same bug, and happens ONLY with FSX SP2.

jwyman

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2018, 03:21:21 am »
I will check but the times i have flown in/out of Zurich, all looks normal...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 02:56:24 am »
I will check but the times i have flown in/out of Zurich, all looks normal...

Then your combination of video settings and fsx settings is good enough not to show the long pole in the air at Zurich, but cannot do anything to avoid this issue at KCLT. I was never able to reproduce the problem at Zurich, but some users reported it, and the thing they all had in common, was FSX SP2 instead of FSX Acceleration or FSX:SE.