Author Topic: Addon Manager/Live Update not solving COUTL error at KIAH **SOLVED**  (Read 8667 times)

TroyW

Flying into KIAH tonight and got an error telling me to download the latest addon manager.  Panic log says I am running coutl v3.2 (build 3985) and "problem raised by engine or unspecified addon ('Airport' : 'KIAH' , 'User Pos' : ...and a set of coordinates in parentheses).

I downloaded latest from website and ran addon manager.  Received a fatal error during installation.  Deleted addon manager and re-downloaded from website.  Ran again and got same error.  Coutl refuses to run at KIAH and I cannot seem to get update manager to install, although it appears as a newly installed program in my programs in control panel.  Also got a CTD last night flying from PHNL into PHKO (both FSDT sceneries).  Wondering if I don't have a larger problem with coutl.

I'm running P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UT Live, and lots of addon sceneries.  No other addons that touch the KIAH area.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:16:53 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager/Live Update not solving COUTL error at KIAH
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 12:47:01 pm »
The error is caused because you have't installed GSX, which is mandatory for all our airports that use SODE and, of course, it's free to use at all FSDT airports so, we assume it's always there, also because without GSX, you won't have any docking systems, any marshallers, etc.

TroyW

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 12:10:05 am »
The error is caused because you have't installed GSX, which is mandatory for all our airports that use SODE and, of course, it's free to use at all FSDT airports so, we assume it's always there, also because without GSX, you won't have any docking systems, any marshallers, etc.

Hi.  I have GSX installed and it seems to be working ok as far as marshallers, docking, vehicles, etc.  Do you recommend uninstalling GSX and then downloading the latest version and reinstalling?  I run the live update when it says there is an update.  However, last time it came up, I tried to run the update and it would not complete successfully.  Tried twice.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 03:03:39 am by TroyW »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 11:44:32 am »
You must have GSX fully updated. If the FSDT Live Update cannot complete, the most common case it's the antivirus blocking it.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

TroyW

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 12:26:29 am »
You must have GSX fully updated. If the FSDT Live Update cannot complete, the most common case it's the antivirus blocking it.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

I thought that would work, but it did not.  I turned off antivirus and ran Live Update.  It completed successfully.  Started P3D, loaded KIAH and got the same error message as in my original post.  Coutl stops, the airport never shows up and then Coutl asks if I want to restart it.  Same thing happens after restarting.

TroyW

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 12:47:19 am »
Also just tried a few other FSDT airports and have the same problem.  I uninstalled addon manager, downloaded it and towards the end of installation, got a "fatal error" message regarding installation (the screen said something about simconnect).  But then I hit OK and it ran live update.  Addon Manager also shows up in my program list.  All of this happened while my antivirus was disabled.  I don't know what to do.  Maybe uninstall and reinstall all of the simconnect modules?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 12:58:15 am »
towards the end of installation, got a "fatal error" message regarding installation (the screen said something about simconnect).  

What the installer does at that time, is to launch the normal Simconnect client installer which is located here:

P3D4\redist\interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\Simconnect.MSI

But I'm not sure you really have a problem with Simconnect: you said the programs starts and GSX appears. If you have a panic log, it means it IS working, if Simconnect wasn't installer or was corrupted, it won't even start.

Do you see any errors if you launch the Simconnect.MSI installer manually ?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:01:22 am by virtuali »

TroyW

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 02:28:19 am »
I tried running the XPACK installer and it just said it was already installed.  I uninstalled it and then installed it again without any errors.

I also uninstalled addon manager again and then reinstalled.  No errors this time.  Live update ran fine.  I checked and I now have the latest updates installed.

Also noticed GSX is installed, but not showing up in P3D addon dropdown.  When I try to access thre GSX menu, it doesn't come up.  So GSX is not working even though installed.

All of my other payware airports except FSDT are fine.  This has to be tied to Coutl somehow.  I just can't figure out why.  The only change I made to this PC in the last month or so was adding Active Sky Cloud Art.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:01:40 am by TroyW »

TroyW

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 02:43:46 am »
After reinstalling XPACK simconnect, I now get this panic log:

couatl v3.2 (build 3985)
panic log started on Wed Apr 18 19:33:43 2018

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{}
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_JW1_Static'

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 08:47:34 am »
This indicates the software IS working so, the problem WAS Simconnect in the end...

The error it's simply caused by the fact you have installed KIAH, but not GSX, which is required by it.

TroyW

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 01:07:18 am »
Ok, I will try uninstalling GSX and reinstalling.  It is currently installed, but must have stopped working.  I wish I knew why.  Like I said, no changes or additions have been made, yet GSX has decided to quit working.  I will reinstall GSX tonight and test.  Thanks.

TroyW

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 03:26:33 am »
Well, not good.  I uninstalled GSX , downloaded from the website and installed -- all while antivirus was disabled.  GSX works now, but airports are not showing up.  No error messages.  AND now while spawned at any FSDT airport, the sim freezes for 3-4 seconds, then resumes, and then freezes and this continues.  I spawned at a non-FSDT airport and everything works perfectly.  Now I have no idea what to do.  Thanks for any advice.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 10:54:03 am »
I haven't said to uninstall GSX. I only said to reinstall it.

You said you uninstalled GSX so, most likely, you replied Yes to the question "do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", which will remove the whole Addon Manager folder, which includes all the files required by the airports so, it's entirely normal this would happen, and the pause you described are caused by the sim not finding the objects required by the sceneries, which are no longer there, because you uninstalled GSX and asked to remove the Addon Manager.

Reinstalling the airports (using their current installers), will surely fix this.

TroyW

Re: Re: Addon Manager/Live Update not solving COUTL error at KIAH
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 05:05:28 pm »
I haven't said to uninstall GSX. I only said to reinstall it.

You said you uninstalled GSX so, most likely, you replied Yes to the question "do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", which will remove the whole Addon Manager folder, which includes all the files required by the airports so, it's entirely normal this would happen, and the pause you described are caused by the sim not finding the objects required by the sceneries, which are no longer there, because you uninstalled GSX and asked to remove the Addon Manager.

Reinstalling the airports (using their current installers), will surely fix this.
Ok.  But, I did not uninstall add-on manager when uninstalling GSX.  It's still installed.  I will try reinstalling KIAH  and see what happens.  Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TroyW

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 11:11:05 pm »
Installed the latest version of KIAH.  Airport appeared and everything worked flawlessly, including GSX, until I landed at FlightBeam KPHX and saw no airport, only jetways as if it is not activated.  But I checked addon manager and it said it was activated.  So whatever this problem is, it is affecting all airports associated with the addon manager.  All other airports work fine and GSX works fine too.  I would rather not uninstall and reinstall all FSDT airports because I own most of them. But if that will solve it, ok.

Just providing this for info even though it may be nothing.  I noticed in my C:/program files/addon/coutl and C:/program files/addon/fsdreamteam folders, only KIAH shows up even I have nine other FSDT airports installed.

Any suggestions?  Brand new versions of Addon manager and GSX are installed and working fine.