Author Topic: Bad Runways and Bridge?  (Read 6978 times)

PilotoVirtual57

Bad Runways and Bridge?
« on: April 15, 2018, 01:24:58 am »
My first land at KCLT, the scenery is awesome but I found two errors on my scenery, brand new PC, P3D v4.2 and KCLT.

Upon approach to RWY 18R, my RAAS kept saying landing on Taxiway, but I know it was 18R, glideslope was working right.

After landing, I taxied via Wiskey to taxiway November, upon getting onto November and crossing the bridge, the plane was shoot up in the air about 20 feet the nose kept bucking up and down and I though it would crash, full power got me out of the bridge... BTW, plane is PMDG 737

Upon crossing runway 18C, RAAS announced crossing RWY 18R.... I think the AFCAD is way wrong....

I have done updates constantly upon getting notices to do so...

BTW, I did a search and nothing came up with these issues...

EDIT: Also added COUATL error I got right after the bridge incident...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 01:33:18 am by PilotoVirtual57 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bad Runways and Bridge?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 12:53:13 pm »
You have two entirely separate issues, none of them caused by either KCLT or GSX:

1) The runway mis-naming, it's caused by ANOTHER AFCAD from another scenery. The most common case of this are AFCADs supplied with AI Traffic products, like MyTraffic, which are supposed to be used only with the default scenery, and will cause lots of troubles with addon sceneries, particularly KCLT, where we added a runway that wasn't there and the existing ones change names because of this.

So, it's not the KCLT is "wrong", it's just that both the sim AND RAAS are being equally confused by the offending AFCAD. Either find a .BGL file with a name that seems to be related to KCLT, or use the Simple Airport Scanner utility, to help you find conflicting files.

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

2) the GSX error it's caused by a known P3D 4.2 bug, which has been discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17485.msg122680.html#msg122680

PilotoVirtual57

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 02:53:32 pm »
Odd, as the only sceneries I have installed are all of yours, Fly Tampa Boston, ORBX LOWI, and a few others not related to KCLT, but I will download the utility and check to see what's going on.

So, the error on the bridge that sends your plane flying into the air is also AFCAD related? Or is it an error from the COUATL?

Thanks for the prompt respond!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:44:01 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 03:46:01 pm »
Odd, as the only sceneries I have installed are

As I've said, the most common case of this are AFCADs supplied with AI Traffic products, like MyTraffic.

So, the error on the bridge that sends your plane flying into the air is also AFCAD related? Or is it an error from the COUATL?

The Couatl error was an entirely different issue, and it's the P3D 4.2 menu bug that has been discussed many times on the forum, which doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and will cause issue to each and every application with a menu, as discussed in the linked thread I included in the previous post.

PilotoVirtual57

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 01:11:45 am »

As I've said, the most common case of this are AFCADs supplied with AI Traffic products, like MyTraffic.

The Couatl error was an entirely different issue, and it's the P3D 4.2 menu bug that has been discussed many times on the forum, which doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and will cause issue to each and every application with a menu, as discussed in the linked thread I included in the previous post.

Simple Airport Scanner did not work on my PC, my P3D v4.2 is installed at D: drive and I think this is why, all options on SAS are grayed out.

A search for KCLT on both drives C: & D: only found FSDT files, not any unrelated other ones.

As I said before, this is a brand new PC with new P3D v4.2 and only ALL of FSDT airports, FlyTampa Boston, ORBX Lowi and FSDreamteam airports.

Again, no mention of the bridge issue that sends the plane up in the air, is it being ignored?

Oh, and last, I only use UT Live for traffic, and a search on that, only yield flightplans, not AFCADS...

Thanks for all the help...

PilotoVirtual57

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 01:52:50 am »

Sorry for the quality of the videos, I had to use my phone as I do not have a video recorder on this new PC yet...

First video shows problem at the bridge and the second one for the runways mislabels...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 11:40:40 am »
The first video shows a minor bump over the bridge, surely not a "plane up in the air". This is how 3d bridges usually work, and not all planes react in the same way, yours seems to be way more sensible compared to a default airplane, which is what we use to test.

I don't understand your second video. You say the runway designations are "incorrect" but, you are on taxiway N and, according to charts and real world, taxiway N crosses runway 36C/18C at that spot, which is exactly how the scenery (and your video) shows, both on the ground markings and on the vertical signs so, why you say is not correct ?

PilotoVirtual57

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 02:59:38 pm »
The first video shows a minor bump over the bridge, surely not a "plane up in the air". This is how 3d bridges usually work, and not all planes react in the same way, yours seems to be way more sensible compared to a default airplane, which is what we use to test.

I don't understand your second video. You say the runway designations are "incorrect" but, you are on taxiway N and, according to charts and real world, taxiway N crosses runway 36C/18C at that spot, which is exactly how the scenery (and your video) shows, both on the ground markings and on the vertical signs so, why you say is not correct ?

The bridge jumps will have different effects on the plane on every try, I was trying to recreate the huge jump I got first but couldn't,, ok, nothing we can do about that then...

The second video, watch it again and listen to the RAAS, it announces approaching RWY 18R, not 18C and when approaching RWY 18R it announces nothing, I finally found a Airport Scanner that works with P3D v4.2 and it did not find any duplicates for KCLT, I'm out of ideas as to why the runways are not designated correctly on this scenery...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 03:23:16 pm »
The second video, watch it again and listen to the RAAS, it announces approaching RWY 18R, not 18C and when approaching RWY 18R it announces nothing

That doesn't have anything to do with the scenery, it's RAAS which is either reading another conflicting scenery and/or it failed to read the FSDT KCLT AFCAD or, if it uses its own internal database (no idea what method it uses), that database might be outdated.

I finally found a Airport Scanner that works with P3D v4.2 and it did not find any duplicates for KCLT, I'm out of ideas as to why the runways are not designated correctly on this scenery...

Why you keep saying they are not designed correctly, when your video clearly shows they ARE ? See the attached screenshot from ADE, which clearly shows the runway at the intersection with taxiway N, which was your location in the video, that are correctly labeled as 18C so, both visually in in the AFCAD, the FSDT KCLT scenery has the runway properly named so, whatever problem RAAS is having reading them, it's nothing related to the scenery.

PilotoVirtual57

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 10:10:47 pm »
I have never said that your AFCAD or runway designation are bad or wrong, what I'm saying is that RAAS is not interpreting the runways correctly and I cannot find the AFCAD that is causing the error preventing from being read correctly, AFAIK, RAAS uses sceneries AFCADs, I will double check on that and see if maybe they in fact do have a separate database for airports.

I did download Airport Designer and opened your airport and saw that in fact all your taxiways and runways are designated correctly.

Is that, for the life of me, I cannot find the culprit that is causing chaos at KCLT...

Thanks for your time on this, I will keep my search for the culprit...

Oh, BTW, I saw today KORD is coming down the road, and be sure that I will also buy that!  ;-)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:08:28 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 12:13:23 am »
I have never said that your AFCAD or runway designation are bad or wrong

Well, you said:

I'm out of ideas as to why the runways are not designated correctly on this scenery...

That's why I provided all possible evidence they are...

what I'm saying is that RAAS is not interpreting the runways correctly and I cannot find the AFCAD that is causing the error preventing from being read correctly, AFAIK, RAAS uses sceneries AFCADs, I will double check on that and see if maybe they in fact do have a separate database for airports.

Well, that's an RAAS problem, for sure. Assuming it reads AFCADs, a possible explanation might be it only reads them from the scenery.cfg, which we don't use, because it might not support the add-on.xml method we use.

That's just a guess, considering you cannot find any conflicting AFCAD so, RAAS is likely using the default KCLT, maybe because it doesn't know where to find it.

I did download Airport Designer and opened your airport and saw that in fact all your taxiways and runways are designated correctly.

Of course they are. You could probably saved some time if you just trusted my screenshot...

PilotoVirtual57

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 01:56:33 am »
Ok, here is where we are, the problem with the bridge, I'll just have to get used to the jumps, tested with default Baron, same thing, jumps, I guess I'll make my lands at RWY 18C  :-)

The runways mislabels is in fact a RAAS problem, took me quite some time of searching on Google to find the problem and how to resolve it.

I used Makerunways for P3D v4.2 and also LORBY, it created a file and I can see KCLT listed on it, but RASS is still ignoring the runways designations after the update.

I have a post at RAAS on this issue and am awaiting their answer.

Can't thank you enough for putting up with my problems, let's close this case and fly along!  :-)

Now, hurry up and get KORD out! Got my wallet ready!  LOL

Ciao!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:29:14 pm by virtuali »

PilotoVirtual57

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 02:20:37 am »
Words of Wisdom for all those like me that has purchased FSDT sceneries, or any other add-on airport for that matter and are using RAAS on P3D v4.2

In order for RAAS to see the new runways that has been added to airports that the DEFAULT P3D does not includes, you have to run Pete Downson Makerunways.exe after you have ran the LORBY utility

Lorby will create a file that Makerunways will use to allows it to "see" ALL the airports from every P3D new scheme add-on location

Then you will have to run Makerunways TWICE!!! For it to correctly update runways.csv file that RAAS uses

I now finally have RAAS announcing 18R and 18C correctly !!!

I think I also recall RAAS announcing wrong runways at KFLL, this should also be fixed!

Happy flying y'all!

And thanks to Umberto for his patient with me, GRAZIE MILLE!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 08:53:42 am »
In order for RAAS to see the new runways that has been added to airports that the DEFAULT P3D does not includes, you have to run Pete Downson Makerunways.exe after you have ran the LORBY utility

I now understand why the issue happened:

- RAAS seems to be dependent on Makerunways.exe in order to read runway data from the scenery library

- Makerunways.exe doesn't support directly sceneries installed with the add-on.xml method, so it's dependent on Lorby organizer.

And people says Couatl is "complicated"...(LOL), when it reads every scenery regardless of the format (scenery.cfg or add-on.xml), without being dependent on anything or requiring users to do anything...