Author Topic: vLSO would not select my Carrier  (Read 3414 times)

Fryman

vLSO would not select my Carrier
« on: April 14, 2018, 10:44:54 pm »
I am flying with latest versions of; vLSO, P3D V4, VRS Super Bug, VRS TacPack, and FSX@war CCP. Today I made a carrier group in CCP so I could start on the carrier. I then made a VRS Scenario file  xx.PST to launch a Nimitz carrier that had TACAN and ILS. The two carrier groups were about 20 miles apart. I started on the CCP carrier (without TACAN and ILS) and took off normally. When I activated xLSO it gave me the BRC for the CCP carrier and would not recognize the VRS carrier. I could not get any scoring data or LSO direction on the VRS carrier. There was no way to select which carrier I wanted vLSO to use. My questions are: 1. Do the carriers have to have a minimum distance apart? 2. Is there a way to select an individual carrier if there are more than one in the area?

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
Re: vLSO would not select my Carrier
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 06:02:50 pm »
1. Do the carriers have to have a minimum distance apart?
2. Is there a way to select an individual carrier if there are more than one in the area?

1. The distance doesn't matter with 1.* vLSO
2. Yes, there is, provided those carriers have different titles (specified in their sim.cfg) and different NAV1 frequencies, assigned in vLSO.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!