Author Topic: FSDT airports all black, buildings missing **SOLVED**  (Read 4499 times)

lennie

FSDT airports all black, buildings missing **SOLVED**
« on: April 11, 2018, 08:07:09 pm »
Hi

Yesterday I ran the FSDT updater but did not fly. Today all airports are black. Tried the add-on manager to see if i needed to register airports again; but no add-on drop down manager for FSDT, only FSUIPC. I also ran ORBX AEC to include, then to exclude KCLT; made no difference.

Help appreciated!

Lennie down in North Carolina.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:33:18 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT airports all black, buildings missing
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:47:37 am »
The most likely cause for this is your antivirus mistakenly blocking the download. Some antivirus are so bugged they block files just because they are new, basically blocking every kind of updater.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

lennie

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 09:28:42 pm »
Thanks for your reply; I am just getting back to this. Using W10, have defender turned off, and firewall off. Ran Updater again. No solution; I still have no dropdown addon manager. I looked at the scenery library in P3Dv4; and all FSDT airports, and Washington X, although checked, they are faded out perhaps indicating not working? I tried to check them but makes no change.

Sorry to bother about this.

Lennie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 01:03:40 pm »
Using W10, have defender turned off, and firewall off. Ran Updater again. No solution;

I haven't said to just "turn off" the antivirus/firewall. I said to configure them to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning. Some antivirus looks as if they are turned off, but their service is still running, so they can still block files, that's why you MUST explicitly exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

Try that.

lennie

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 10:51:35 pm »
OK thanks. I don't know how. Will have to get my son to do it when he is here in 2 weeks. i will let you know!

lennie

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 08:48:48 pm »
We got it done remotely, ran Updater, and no change at all, no drop down manager. Would you suggest that i uninstall all 8 airports, and down load again?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 09:29:33 pm »
No need to. Try to download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager instead.

lennie

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 07:58:11 pm »
Yes I did that, all the way to clicking "finish". When i look at the program drive, it is there with the download date. It asked if I wanted to download to P3Dv4 and i said yes.

Maybe its not in the proper place, because when i open P3D for a flight and click on add-ons its not there. Only FSUIPC and SPAD.

I don't know much about computers, so maybe someone can walk me through what i need to do to get my airports back. Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 11:01:17 am »
Are you using Prepar3D 4.0 perhaps ? We don't support it anymore with the last update. The minimum requirement is 4.1 and the current version is 4.2, which is a free download from your Lockheed Martin account download page.

rjlfry

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 01:30:39 pm »
I went back to P3D 4.1 due to the ATC issues in 4.2 which LM know about and are working on for 4.3, but I have no problems with FSDT in 4.1.

Ray Fry.

lennie

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 07:45:18 pm »
OK thanks, I suppose that is the problem. I am still on 4.0
Will upgrade soon, and if still issues i will write back.

lennie

Re: FSDT airports all black, buildings missing **SOLVED**
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 09:20:04 pm »
Hello everyone!

Yes, that solved the problem. My add-on manager is back, and airports look fine. Just another question however: when i open the scenery folder all the FSDT airports are at the top of the list, and they are dimmed out?? I am wondering why they are dimmed from other scenery, and in fact if i wanted to "un-check" an airport, it is not possible!!

I can un-check any other scenery below the FSDT airports.

Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 11:22:43 pm »
when i open the scenery folder all the FSDT airports are at the top of the list, and they are dimmed out?? I am wondering why they are dimmed from other scenery, and in fact if i wanted to "un-check" an airport, it is not possible!!

This has always been the case since last year, when P3D4 was released, and it's entirely normal for sceneries installed using the add-on.xml method, which cannot be unchecked from the scenery library.

They can be temporarily disabled, if required, from the Options->Add-ons Menu instead.

lennie

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 08:57:58 pm »
Thank you, Sir! I wondered, now I know!