Author Topic: ELEVATION ISSUE FSX  (Read 6992 times)

Rick816

ELEVATION ISSUE FSX
« on: June 15, 2017, 05:24:09 am »
I believe IO have an elevation issue at CLT as it appears the plane is not touching the ground. There are photos attached below of CLT and a comparison with LAX where the elevation looks correct. I also have a photo of the nose gear on the PMDG737 which clearly isn`t on the ground.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:36:06 am by Rick816 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ELEVATION ISSUE FSX
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:40:16 am »
That was the only way to fix the problem reported here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15916.0.html

So, it's either this, or the black shadow on landing lights.

Rick816

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 03:57:55 pm »
Not sure if you saw the photos I attached or not, but it had nothing to do with night or landing lights, the issue is the plane looks as if it is floating.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 04:17:30 pm »
it had nothing to do with night or landing lights, the issue is the plane looks as if it is floating.

It has *everything* to do with fixing the landing lights because, in order to fix them, we had to raise the airport hard surface a little bit, to prevent that problem. Don't you think we should know, having made the scenery AND the fixt, why this problem happens, regardless if you think they might be related or not ?

So, as I've said, you will either have:

1) shadows over the landing lights and the airplane sinking wheels if the hard surface is lower than the terrain mesh

OR

2) no problem with landing lights but the airplane wheels very slightly raised, if the hard surface is higher than the terrain mesh

OR

3) ground textures and airplane shadows flickering with the terrain mesh, if they are exactly the same height

We decided to go for solution 2, that's it. The problem doesn't happen with P3D, because the scenery use a different method for ground textures, not possible in FSX, so there's no ground flickering.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 04:56:39 pm by virtuali »

Rick816

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 04:55:14 pm »
Ok I understand now! Thank you for the awesome explanation as it was unclear to me at first. Another problem I have encountered is trees and fences around the airport will flicker extremely bad. Especially the bottom of the trees around the perimeter of the airport. Not sure what's causing it. I will send a video if needed.

kmanning

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 04:15:28 am »
That was the only way to fix the problem reported here:

Hi virtuali
I was just getting ready to make a new post regarding the issues reported here about how the aircraft floats, so to speak, and I found this thread "Elevation Issues FSX." Well, you guessed it. That's what my aircraft is doing. The wheels are a few inches off the ground. I hope the developers can fix this elevation problem.

Ken.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:20:36 am by kmanning »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 10:25:58 am »
As I've said in a previous post, that was the only way to fix the problem reported here:

F.C.C.

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 02:40:05 am »
Hi,

I have run the live update but my planes still float in KCLT. Is there any solution or is it supposed to be like that? I click on the link provided with the "solution" but the thread doesn´t provides any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Francisco

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 10:07:01 pm »
I have run the live update but my planes still float in KCLT. Is there any solution or is it supposed to be like that? I click on the link provided with the "solution" but the thread doesn´t provides any.

The link clearly provided a solution, which was to run the Live Update and users that posted there, all confirmed it fixed the issue for them.

This happened last year, few days after KCLT has been released so, I'm sure you have the latest version, which means the problem shouldn't happen OR it's something new, possibly caused by some other addon, that nobody ever reported since June last year, when the fix came out.

F.C.C.

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 10:59:52 pm »
I do have

Pilot´s Global Mesh 2010
Orbx FTX Global Base pack
Orbx FTX Global Vector

Nothing else I have should affect KCLT since I have other FSDT sceneries which never gave me a problem

I would still appreciate some help.

Thanks

F.C.C.

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 12:51:06 am »
Still any help would be greatly appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 02:28:14 pm »
Still any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think I already replied to this, multiple times. If you stil have floating AI planes, the problem can only be caused by those OrbX products you installed, so it must fixed by acting on THEM.

A while ago, the issue with Orbx was their Altitude Elevation Correction utility, which is supposed to fix the altitude problems their products can cause to the airports, didn't recognize the proper P3D4 installation method that we use (with the add-on.xml file), so it wasn't able to automatically recognize the presence of a 3rd party airport, and do whatever it required to do to fix the altitude problems they caused in the first place.

So, some users suggested they had to manually enable the fix for those airports, like our own, which are installed using the proper and native P3D4 way, because their AEC utility couldn't detect them.

But this is was a while ago. I don't know if they finally fixed their utility to recognize P3D4 sceneries or not, so you might want to check it.

F.C.C.

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 01:46:32 am »
Thanks for the reply,

I don't have issues with AI planes because I fly on IVAO so I have to disable any traffic add-on. I don't use P3D either as my platform is FSX.

It may well be an issue with Orbx and its interaction with FSDT KCLT, will explore that way as you suggested.

My belief was that since my other 3 FSDT airports don't show any issue with Orbx and KCLT does, then it was something around this add-on that might be causing the strange behaviour of planes floating a few inches over the ground.

In any case, this is all I needed, to be heard and acknowledged as a 4 FSDT product customer.

Regards

Francisco