FSDreamTeam forum
October 22, 2018, 02:23:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FSX JFKv2 no buildings, GSX not working & Addon manager could not be selected  (Read 400 times)
saifm

« on: April 07, 2018, 08:26:49 PM »

I have JFK, GSX & addon manager all installed to the newest versions by the installers and the FSDT live update. Whenever I am in JFK i cannot use GSX, no buildings appear & i cannot select addon manager from the FSX menu. Hoewever, the addon manager. If i choose to restart couatl, it will close but never start.
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 10:45:08 AM »

- Be sure you download and install with the antivirus disabled

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning before starting the sim.

saifm

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 04:54:36 PM »

I always download and install the software with antivirus disabled. however, the problem did not take place upon installation, i have had all FSDT products working then all of a sudden it stopped working. Anyway, i have found the solution, where it was an issue related to FSX not closing correctly as a result it messed up with FSUIPC, that resulted into this problem. i have found the solution by deleting wxstationlist.BIN from the appdata.
Thanks for the help anyway
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 09:13:11 AM »

Anyway, i have found the solution, where it was an issue related to FSX not closing correctly as a result it messed up with FSUIPC, that resulted into this problem. i have found the solution by deleting wxstationlist.BIN from the appdata.

Yes, that's a known FSUIPC problem:

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/81403-uninstall-help/

Not really its fault, but it's possible an FSX or an FSUIPC crash might have confused the whole Windows library loading system used in FSX by all addons ( the Windows Side-by-side loading )

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: