Author Topic: 2 AFCAD 4 Runways in use (Parallel landing/takeoff)  (Read 3282 times)

Pigeon

2 AFCAD 4 Runways in use (Parallel landing/takeoff)
« on: April 06, 2018, 12:02:41 pm »
hello community.

I made some success with this using ADE but am frustrated that while I can get parallel takeoffs and landings, Parking and taxi paths are misaligned.

What I did was create a backup of the FSDT AFCAD file (obviously) and then essentially created two AFCADS that split the airport in 1/2  each 1/2 servicing 2 runways which, using ADE fixed them to only land and take off on their own individual runways.  The effect was, quite pleasantly, free flowing traffic and simultaneous take off's and landings.

However, taxi paths and parking positions became misaligned, severely especially on the outside taxi way that runs along the International Terminal where they actually started taxiing inside the building :(

I did not create 2 airport AFCADS per say as in the FSX airport selection menu only KLAX is present.  and here I think lies the answer to my question? - OR what I am trying to accomplish is not possible.

I have tried to edit the FSDT Airports to rename 'KLAX' to LAX1 and LAX2 respectively (to create two airports in one)  But cannot seem to edit the Airport Name.
To cut a long story short, is what I'm trying to do possible (without the misaligned taxi/parking positions) and if so, how do I accomplish it? :(

help much appreciated, I've been searching the internet for hours with some sort of guide or definitive 'no, you can't do it' but can find neither :P

Regards, Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 2 AFCAD 4 Runways in use (Parallel landing/takeoff)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 01:25:23 pm »
While we cannot really support you in creating a new AFCAD, there are no reason specific to the airport that would cause taxiway misalignment so, it must be something you did while copying and splitting the file in two.

I wouldn't do it, if I were you, it's just to tricky and complex for no real gain and, of course, by changing the AFCAD, you might lost the GSX customization, which relies on the original AFCAD and, GSX will only read ONE AFCAD at a time for any given airport, so GSX will surely not work well with the airport divided over two AFCADs.