Author Topic: Flying or taxiing at KSDF scenery causes pauses every few seconds.  (Read 5291 times)

dornier

I have many sceneries including several FSDT sceneries.  KSDF is the only one that causes pauses taxiing, takeoff, and landings.  I thought they had gone away, but they're back.  Here are my settings, what do I need to change to stop the pauses?

Thanks,

George

folhetas

Re: Flying or taxiing at KSDF scenery causes pauses every few seconds.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 04:56:57 pm »
Me to as well ... ??? only on short final until I exit the rwy ...??? only in KSDF
every 2 sec is stop than work 3 sec and Is impossible to make a correct landings ...

any subjection ?  :-\

dornier

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 06:01:03 am »
Hello FSDT,

Could someone please help with this issue?  Any ideas what I could adjust to avoid the pauses in scenery loading at KSDF?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 10:15:21 am »
Have you installed GSX ? It's mandatory for all our sceneries using SODE and, if you don't install it, lots of objects required by KSDF will not be installed, like docking systems, marshallers, jetways, etc., which will cause pauses when the sim is looking for them.

Also, while dornier posted a P3D4 screenshot, implying he's using P3D4, folhetas didn't said which sim he uses. Under FSX, you MUST turn off some features (which ARE disabled, in FSX, by default), using the YouControl menu, since those are simply too much for FSX to handle, especially the 3d cars parked on the terminal roofs, but you might also try turning off the custom ground traffic in FSX.

In any case, here's a video of a landing I just made at KSDF (this is P3D4), showing how it's very smooth:

dornier

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 06:38:09 am »
Yes, I have GSX and the current version of SODE installed.  Could you please share your settings if using P3D v4?  Also, the shimmering looks bad in the video.  Is that coming from your capture device?  
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:45:56 am by virtuali »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 08:26:04 am »
 Shimmering isn't part of the scenery these days but comes mostly from P3d and the video settings.
 The video shows the scenery being very smooth, if there are stutters introduced afterward, it's from some other addon or
a culmination of addons and not the scenery itself.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:29:05 am by Dave_YVR »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 11:55:07 am »
Yes, I have GSX and the current version of SODE installed.  Could you please share your settings if using P3D v4?

I set it in the only possible ways to test the SCENERY and not, for example, other addons. So, a default airplane, since we surely don't want to be mislead by stuttering caused by a 3rd party airplane being a problem of the scenery, and with 0% AI traffic, since we surely don't want to be mislead by stuttering caused by not compatible/missing AI/missing/corrupted/textures problems being a problem of the scenery.

Also, the shimmering looks bad in the video.  Is that coming from your capture device?

I was running the sim in a window, so I had to resize it to fit a standard 1080p format, which surely means video quality would be affected, but that's besides the point.

The point is, if the scenery is installed correctly (which boils down to installing GSX too), it's surely very smooth so, if you have pauses/stuttering, and you have GSX installed, the only possible explanation is that stuttering is caused by something else. Try doing the same test, with a default airplane and with 0% AI traffic. If the result is similar to mine, then you would know stuttering was caused by one of these, so turn them back on one by one, and you'll find the cause.