Author Topic: double buildings at vegas strip - megascenery x and klas installed  (Read 15261 times)

mave128

hey,

i have discovered some double buildings at the strip.
look at the pictures.

probably depends on the megascenery x las vegas, but i´m not sure what to do.
i changed priority at the scenerylibrary, but it didn´t work out.

any advise?
great thanks,
sören

best wishes,
sören

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: double buildings at vegas strip - megascenery x and klas installed
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 06:47:11 pm »
It doesn't depend on our scenery for sure: we don't include any object on the strip.

It's probably due to Megascenery: if it's done in the same way as their Washington DC, they include copies of the default scenery, slightly moved to match their photo background.

We don't have Megascenery to check but, I guess this can only solved by making a fix for it, because the double objects come with Megascenery.

mave128

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 06:51:39 pm »
thanks umberto,

i´ll check it out.

best wishings,
sören
best wishes,
sören

mave128

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 07:45:22 pm »
hey,

i took a look into the megascenery forum and found out that ultimate terrain causes the problem.
once unchecked, everything runs smooth and clean.

regards,
sören
best wishes,
sören

FalconAF

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 06:47:52 am »
There's another way to fix it, and it gives you better Las Vegas buildings on the Strip than the default FSX or MegaScenery Strip.  I use UTX USA, MegaSceneryX Las Vegas, FSDT KLAS, and the FSX GMAX Las Vegas scenery from the below site:

http://fs-x.world.coocan.jp/index.htm

Japanese site, but easy to navigate and figure out.  Scroll down the left pane of the site (after clicking on the FSX banner at the top of it) to get to the Vegas X v3.01 download.

In order for it to work, you MUST install it the following way:

1.  Create a SEPARATE FOLDER for the scenery, and place the "scenery" and "texture" subfolders under it.

2.  Go into the "scenery" subfolder, find the file called "STT1X.BGL" and RENAME it to "STT1X.BGL.DISABLED"  This will prevent the Stratosphere Tower from having an "extra top" for it that looks like a flying saucer displayed in thin air near it. 

3.  ADD and LAYER the folder from number 1 above to the FSX Scenery Library ABOVE BOTH UTX USA and MegaScenery X Las Vegas (at a higher priority than them).

Enjoy the ride

FalconAF

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 06:53:15 am by FalconAF »

mave128

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 09:17:19 pm »
hey,

thanks a lot for your advice.
the problem i have is the interaction between megascenery and ute x.
as soon as i activate ute x i get double buildings at las.

don´t know what to do.

best wishes,
sören
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:56:44 pm by mave128 »
best wishes,
sören

firehawk44

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 05:51:57 pm »
I have MegaSceneryX Vegas, UT USA, and DreamTeams excellent KLAS and do not have double buildings in Las Vegas as depicted in your pictures.  I placed UTUSA just above the default sceneries that come with FSX (make sure it's sitting above the default sceneries).  Above that in the scenery library is KLAS, and above KLAS is MegaSceneryX Vegas.  UT USA does not furnish any buildings with their program.  It's just landclass that tells the FSX what's on the ground so it should definitely be at the bottom of any addon scenery (as they have stated on their website) in the FSX Scenery Library (not the scenery.cfg).  I see on the MegaScenery forum where you asked the same question and someone responded by asking whether you had UT or not as he had the same problem.  He didn't say whether that fixed it but implied removing UT fixed it.  Again, I have all those programs and don't have this double building issue.  Just think you need to rearrange your scenery in the Scenery Library as I indicated above.

Best regards,
Jim

mave128

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 06:25:41 pm »
hey,

thanks for the reply.
it wasn´t me asking these questions at the megascenery forum, but i found the answer there.
for me it´s a bit strange that as soon as i turn on ute x i get doublebuildings.

i´ll check my scenery library again.
there must be a solution in my case.

best wishes and thank u again.
sören
best wishes,
sören

firehawk44

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 06:40:57 pm »
My bad!  I just ran KLAS again and saw the double buildings.  I didn't notice it at first as there was only one MGM Grand, Bellagio but the Mirage is a double and New York New York looks like a double. Strange not all buildings/scenery are not doubles (or they are perfectly super-imposed over each other).  I can't believe it's UTX.  Maybe we should put Megascenery below UTX in the Scenery Library or find the bgl that has those objects and disable one.

Jim

mave128

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 06:53:15 pm »
hey,

isn´t it strange?
i have really no explanation for that. probably it has something to do with the ute x repsitioning of native fsx objects - don´t know?

i changed everything in the library - without success.

so i disabled ute x.
thats all i can do now. but i´ll check the ute forum for some answers.

great day.
sören
best wishes,
sören

firehawk44

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 10:14:33 pm »
I did find a post on the UTX site where UTX developers stated they repositioned several buildings in Vegas and, for FSX Acceleration users, they issued a patch to get rid of duplicate objects but that didn't fix the problems for Vegas (with MegaSceneryX Vegas installed).  I will continue to research but for sure it's not an issue with FSDT KLAS.

Best regards,
Jim

mave128

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 10:30:23 pm »
heym

thanks for investigating.
probably there will be a way to fix it.

best wishes,
sören
best wishes,
sören

firehawk44

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 01:19:45 am »
Well, I did find a way to fix it w/o disabling UTX or MegaSceneryX Vegas.  Someone on one of the MegaScenery forums suggesting renaming the bgl file that controls the repositioning of Vegas objects.  In your main FSX folder, open Scenery and then UTObjRepo.  Inside the Scenery file under UTObjRepo, rename the following file:  QLP1719U.bgl to QLP1719U.old.  That's it!  The file QLP1719U contains only Las Vegas scenery objects so it won't affect any other city.  Now you can enjoy FSX with UTX, MegaSceneryX Vegas, and the excellent FSDT KLAS.  Just make sure, as I stated before, that UTX is located below MegaSceneryX and KLAS is layered above MegaSceneryX in your Scenery Library.

Best regards,
Jim

mave128

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 09:14:53 am »
hey,

thank you.
i´ll be checking it as soon as i have reinstalled ute x.
great day,
sören
best wishes,
sören

phenocom

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 04:54:21 pm »
I Had the very same problem you have. The way I solved the problem was to disable some of the UTX scenery but not all.

These are the ones you need to disable.

1. UTX FSX object repositioning
2. UTX USA ground polygons
3. UT Landclass- Custom
4. UT Landclass- Urban
5. UT Landclass- Vegatation
6. UT USA Lighting( this will greatly increase your framerates)
7. UT Exclusions for Default Scenery

This should do the trick for You

Dave