Author Topic: Install without Visual Basic?  (Read 4773 times)

Bandselect

Install without Visual Basic?
« on: November 10, 2007, 07:18:23 pm »
Hi -
I have just rebuilt a machine and installed Visual Basic C++ 2005 as part of the setup. I found that when installing Zurich (the update), that the installation program finds an "older" version and then installs one. After the install, FSX will not start. I can recover by going to a pre-install restore point.

Is there a way not to install (or rewrite) the Visual Basic C++?

Thanks,
Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install without Visual Basic?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 09:36:14 pm »
That's probably the opposite issue: it's Visual Basic 2005 that is probably trying to install an older version of the Visual C++ runtimes.

Zurich requires the Visual C++ 2005 SP1 runtimes, so you probably have to update your Visual Studio to SP1 as well, so they will not clash into each other.

Bandselect

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 11:03:47 am »
Thanks for the reply.

I set a restore point and ran "vcredist_x86.exe", which is Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86).
The executable removed the old (but actually the same??) software and installed successfully. When I rebooted, I wasn't able to start FSX. So the problem isn't with Zurich, but some configuration of my software.

Can you tell me which Visual Studio for SP1 I might need?

Bandselect

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 12:31:03 pm »
I am up now and running. I had to edit my dll.xml file and then reinstall the latest version of the Add-On Manager. With those corrections, ZurichX is now running well and I did not receive any errors on the install or unintentional rewrites of the Visual C++ files.
Thanks.