Author Topic: After install (demo) no buildings  (Read 7548 times)

trashmaster79

After install (demo) no buildings
« on: November 22, 2007, 08:00:52 pm »
Hello

After install the software (demo), i don`t see any buildings in the airport scenery. There are only ground textures.
Anyone know how to fix that Problem?

Nach installation der Software (demo), enthällt die Scenery im FSX nur die Bodentexturen/markierungen, es fehlen jedoch sämtliche Gebäude.
Weiss vielleicht jemand wie dieses Problem zu beheben ist?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After install (demo) no buildings
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 08:27:52 pm »
I'll repeat here the same answer I also gave you via e-mail:

Check if you see the Addon Manager menu under the Addons FSX menu bar.

If you don't see it, have a look at the Troubleshooting section in the fsdt_install_guide.pdf, found under Fsdreamteam/Zurichx after the installation.

There's also a known bug in FSX that, if a module request authorization to run, and there are more than one module loaded, the module that asked for authorization will not run at the first launch.

This is usually fixed by trusting the Addon Manager (both in Windows and FSX, meaning replying "yes" to both questions about trusting the module), then existing FSX, and relaunching it again.

If all this (please, look at the Troubleshooting section of the manual) still doesn't help, let me know

trashmaster79

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 03:44:55 am »
Ok i see the Addon Manager Menu, but i still don`t see any buildings. I also find no answer, clue in the manual...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 08:15:19 am »
Check you don't have mistakenly deleted bglmanx_fsdt.dat from the root FSX folder (it's FSX, right?)

If it's missing, just run the installer again. If still doesn't work, check you have Zurich in the scenery library.

sniffer

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 10:01:17 am »
Hi together,

FSX with acceleration pack installed.

I've the same problem as "trashmaster79". I've done all the procedures described from "virtuali".

I've bought the product, and in FS9 still works, but not in FSX  :(
Anybody can help, thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 11:54:13 am »
As I've said, the most important thing to start diagnose any problem, is to known if you see the Addon Manager menu under the Addons menu in FSX. If not, that's an entirely different course of action, and it's explained in the Troubleshooting section of the manual.

If yes, you have to check if you see fsdreamteam listed under the Publishers list in the Addon Manager. If FSDreamTeam is there, and the scenery is present in the Scenery Library, then you have to check if you have these files:

c:\ProgramData\Esellerate\Esellerateengine.dll  - if you are running Vista OR
c:\Windows\Esellerateengine.dll - if you are running XP

If you see this file, than it's all fine, and you SHOULD see the scenery! If you are missing some files, please reinstall and, expecially under Vista, be sure to have administrator rights to the machine.

sniffer

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 12:28:29 pm »

At the moment I run FSX under Windows XP.
If i run FSX as Administrator, everthing works perfect.
If i run FSX as a normal user, i don't see ADD ON MANAGER, This is the problem !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 12:33:23 pm »
You mean your normal user doesn't have administrative rights on the machine ? That might be a problem, we can't guarantee everything will work with a limited account.

You can change the shortcut that starts FSX, so it will always run as administrator, without having to specify it every time:

http://www.lifespy.com/2007/windows-tip-how-to-always-run-shortcuts-as-administrator-in-vista/

Sorry, I see you are using XP. In that case, running always as administrator, like in Vista, it's not so easy to set. You might have to make a batch file, or grant administrator rights to your normal login.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 12:37:39 pm by virtuali »

trashmaster79

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 11:53:56 pm »
Hello again...

Well i see add on Manager... and this file you describe i also have in my Vista. I also reinstalled the scenery again but i still don`t have buildings. Really strange at all!

[attachment deleted by admin]