Author Topic: p3d v4.2  (Read 5851 times)

awbdev

p3d v4.2
« on: April 04, 2018, 04:31:48 pm »
I upgraded to 4.2. I noticed that if I start from an airport and move to ORD it would generate a crash and reset (not CTD) at the later stages of scenery loading even with stock aircraft. If I went to the active rwy it worked fine. Also if I started from a new scenario interface and went directly to ORD it worked fine even with PMDG and Majestic. I suspect that if you go from one airport and move to ORD when the scenery loads it "hits" the plane and causes a crash.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: p3d v4.2
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 06:57:44 pm »
Please clarify the difference between "went to the active runway" and "move to ORD".

By default, if you just select the airport without specifying any starting gate or any runway, the Go To airport will use the active runway so, a "move to" should be exactly the same as going to the active runway.

awbdev

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 06:49:26 pm »
If I start at an airport say KCID in my case and using the Navigation menu I move to KORD and choose a gate I get a crash and reset. I have tried different gates and same thing happens. If I choose instead to go to active rwy it is fine. If I am loaded up at KORD on the active rwy and then choose to go to a gate it is fine. If I start from a new scenario interface and choose to go to KORD at a gate it is fine. If I turn off crash detection I can go from KCID to a gate at KORD without a problem. I can then turn crash detection back on and its ok.
It does not happen at CLT. I have run the addon updater and it did not change.
Hopefully this helps. I can live with it but I suppose it could make some difference with a new V2 KORD.

awbdev

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 07:01:44 pm »
To clarify. When I say "go to" or "move to" I am talking about using the navigation menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 10:21:54 am »
To clarify. When I say "go to" or "move to" I am talking about using the navigation menu.

Yes, of course. The default "Go To" airport is under the Navigation menu.

I move to KORD and choose a gate I get a crash and reset. I have tried different gates and same thing happens. If I choose instead to go to active rwy it is fine

I still don't understand this. What do you mean with "I move to KORD", opposite to "choose instead to go to the active rwy" ? If you don't select any gate, the location IS the active runway.

Are you moving using the Map view, by dragging the airplane figure with the mouse ? In that case, it's normal you MIGHT crash into some object, because you can't possibly be sure if there's an object there.

awbdev

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 06:37:14 am »
sorry but i don't see how i could be more clear. I start a new scenario, go to KCID from new scenario interface at a gate or whatever, the plane loads and then I say lets go to KORD instead...I open nav menu and pick KORD and a gate ... crash. How much more clear can I make it. I am done with this... you figure it out.

awbdev

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 07:08:04 am »
Is it possible we have some kind of language barrier? 
Has anyone else had this problem or am I just crazy?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 11:15:44 am »
.I open nav menu and pick KORD and a gate ... crash. How much more clear can I make it. I am done with this... you figure it out.

So, if happens if you select ANY gate, but the from the new scenario interface only, while it doesn't crash if you select the SAME gate after you went to the active runway first ?

awbdev

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 11:44:54 pm »
 Everything is fine if I use a new scenario interface. The problem only occurs if I set up at an airport (like KCID) and then decide to go to KORD by using the navigation menu. (nav menu, pick an airport on top, pick a spot at the airport on the bottom of the interface).
If I am setup at say KCID and use the nav menu but on the bottom choose a rwy it does not crash. Once I am on the rwy at KORD I can then use the nav menu again and choose KORD/ any gate and it will be fine. If I was setup at KCID and used the nav menu to go directly to a KORD gate it will crash.
I know it does not make sense but that is what happens.