Author Topic: GSX not working after the new update in FSX:SE **SOLVED**  (Read 2921 times)

ThePolishPunk

GSX not working after the new update in FSX:SE **SOLVED**
« on: March 31, 2018, 03:03:11 pm »
My GSX is not popping up in the addons menu. I ran the live update and used the gsx installer but nothing is working. Please help i love GSX and i want to use it but i cant
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 06:34:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working after the new update in FSX:SE
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 03:05:39 pm »
The problem of missing menu items under the Addons menu it's usually caused by one of these:

1) Defective antivirus. Download and install with the Antivirus disabled AND configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning BEFORE starting the sim.

OR

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

ThePolishPunk

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 03:12:57 pm »
Tried both things not working ;(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 03:17:45 pm »
Are you sure you ran the Live Updater now ? There's nothing that we have changed in the FSX version of the software, is still using the same VC++ libraries and the same Simconnect version it always used on FSX.

So, either your antivirus is blocking, or something happened to your VC++ libraries.

I just tried it again now, just to be sure, and it works normally with FSX:SE here. Try the suggestions posted here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14319.msg105559.html#msg105559

Assuming it's not the antivirus, that utility should tell you which files are missing in your system.

ThePolishPunk

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 04:17:04 pm »
It worked thankyou :D