Author Topic: Issues with Blurry Phototrealistic Scenery and FSDT KCLT  (Read 8674 times)

arclight

Issues with Blurry Phototrealistic Scenery and FSDT KCLT
« on: March 30, 2018, 04:15:31 pm »
Hello,

I hope someone can help me. First I must say that the KCLT is incredible, outstanding job!!! The problem I am having (which I am not saying is a problem of FSDT scenery) is once I have installed KCLT scenery and I am doing a flight from KCLT to KMCO (I have Mega scenery Florida 4X and T2G KMCO) upon arriving in the Orlando area I immediately have very blurry scenery.  If I de-activate KCLT (through P3Dv4AddonOrganizer ) and redo the flight the scenery is fine and no blurriness in the KMCO area. Is there some setting that I must change in order for these to work together? Appreciate any help with this.

Regards,
Arclight

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issues with Blurry Phototrealistic Scenery and FSDT KCLT
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 09:22:16 pm »
Nobody ever reported this problem, and nothing in KCLT can affect another scenery that far.

Does it make any difference if you change the Maximum textures size in the graphic settings to some resolution, and than back again as it were ? For example, try to set it at 2K res, then back to 4K, and see if textures "refresh" at their proper resolution.

arclight

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 12:47:01 am »
Hello Umberto,

Thanks for responding quickly on this! I have done what you have asked but it is still blurry upon arrival.  I have since De-activated KCLT again and everything is crisp and clear.
It acts like there is a memory leak or something (not saying it is). It is very strange and this is even with a clean .cfg.  Everything looks great when I start in KCLT, clean crisp textures and once in flight everything looks good but as I approach KMCO the whole Orlando area goes blurry (about 25 NM out and sometimes further). I appreciate your time on this and please let me know if I can provide additional info!

Regards,

Arclight

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 12:52:22 am »
I'm sorry, but this is really something that looks like a bug in the sim, possibly related/similar to the bug that caused black textures when having too many sceneries installed with the add-on.xml method.

Try to disable every other scenery using the add-on.xml method, except KCLT and the ones from Orlando which are blurried. Maybe it's the total number of sceneries active that is the problem, not KCLT itself, just as the old black textures problem. I assume you are using P3D 4.2, otherwise you'll also have that issue too, in 4.1.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 02:12:04 am »
I don't see how this thread has anything to do with your issue. You said the other scenery got blurred, I asked to disable all the other, now you are saying you are missing the whole program too ?

If yes, please don't post in this thread, but use the other thread which I linked already in my previous reply in the other thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17553.0.html

no use repeating here the same thing said there.

arclight

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 12:32:38 pm »
Roger that and I will try and disable every other scenery using the add-on.xml method, except KCLT and the ones from Orlando. I will also bring this up to Lockheed and see what they say. Also your last post confused me, I take it this statement was for someone else cause I never replied.

Thanks for your assistance Umberto and I will let you know the results.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 12:38:20 pm »
Also your last post confused me, I take it this statement was for someone else cause I never replied.

I replied to another user posted here something about the crash in P3D 4.1, but now he removed the post, so it seemed as if I was replying to you.

arclight

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 12:58:10 pm »
Roger that Umberto and thanks again!! Will report back!

arclight

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 12:59:24 pm »
And yes I am using P3D v 4.2

arclight

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 03:08:57 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Ok, I have done everything that you have asked and disable every other scenery using the add-on.xml method, except KCLT and the ones from Orlando. The problem still exists and I also got a bglmanx.dll error which crashed P3D v4.2. Once again that's for your assistance with this!

Standing by......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 12:32:09 pm »
Are you sure you applied the latest Live Update ?

arclight

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2018, 02:55:32 pm »
Yes sir, did the Latest Live Update last night just to make sure and it happened again (blurriness and the crash with the now BGLMANX64.dll, was just BGLMANX.dll). It is definitely a strange situation cause once I disable KCLT in the scenery library everything clears up.  Once again thanks for all your help on this!!

Regards,
Arclight

arclight

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 03:38:15 pm »
Ok, so I have done everything I think I can to solve this and I think KCLT is incompatible to my system. Specs are 5930K, NVidia 1070 8gb, 16gb memory, Win 7 64 Pro and Prepar3d v4.2. I have removed all other scenery except for Mega scenery Florida X, T2G KMCO and FSDT KCLT. Everytime I fly from KCLT (which looks great BTW) and I am enroute to KMCO as I enter the Orlando area all surrounding scenery goes blurry and the system crashes with a BGLMANX64.dll error. I have done the live update numerous times to no avail. I have removed all FSDT scenery (KMEM,KFLL, GEX and KCLT) and reloaded everything and I am still getting the error with just KCLT. None of the other FSDT scenery is having issues. Once I deactivate KCLT, everything is fine and no issues. If anyone has any suggestion, I am open at this point.

Standing by!

Regards,

Arclight

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 04:34:26 pm »
Ok, so I have done everything I think I can to solve this and I think KCLT is incompatible to my system. Specs are 5930K, NVidia 1070 8gb, 16gb memory, Win 7 64 Pro and Prepar3d v4.2. I have removed all other scenery except for Mega scenery Florida X, T2G KMCO and FSDT KCLT.

Since the problem happens only if you fly into KMCO, the most likely issue is a conflict caused by the T2G KMCO. Have you tried disabling it ? Is this scenery using SODE jetways perhaps ?

arclight

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 04:42:12 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I have not disabled KMCO, will try that to see if that is the issue. Also, I am not sure if T2G KMCO uses SODE jetways will look into that! Thanks!