Author Topic: KIAH ILS/DME Errors  (Read 2734 times)

downscc

KIAH ILS/DME Errors
« on: March 28, 2018, 06:52:12 pm »
The DME placement is wrong, and although the default DME is collocated with the LOC antenna in real world this is seldom the case.  Excuse my frustration, I've already spent the time with FAA NASR data correcting the errors and reporting these to you sometime last year but now because the Mar 18 update has made my AFCAD obsolete (runway markings disappear) I find myself once again fixing the errors and reporting them.  ILS08L/26R shares the same DME and it is located at the 26R LOC transmitter shed.  ILS09/27 shares the same DME and it is located at the 27 LOC transmitter shed.  Your 08L DME is in the middle of taxiway NE and the 27R DME is close to the 08L LOC antenna. The correct location for these two is at the LOC shed for the respective approach (08L DME at 08L LOC transmitter shed, 26R DME at 26R LOC transmitter shed).  The FAA data is free and available on line at: https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/aero_data/.  Let me know if you need help navigating the site to obtain the data.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KIAH ILS/DME Errors
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 11:57:56 am »
KIAH contains the same data as the default scenery. I couldn't find any previous message of yours about suggesting a change (tried searching with "ils" in the KIAH section, assuming you posted it there).

It's best to report what you consider errors in an easy to find way (in the proper section and with a proper subject), rather than fix them yourself, risking losing all your changes when we'll eventually update the scenery. Now that you reported it, we'll have a look at it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KIAH ILS/DME Errors
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 11:58:13 pm »
Run the Live Update now, we fixed all 3 misplaced DMEs.