Author Topic: Vehicle Traffic  (Read 3170 times)

PilotoVirtual57

Vehicle Traffic
« on: March 26, 2018, 02:51:30 pm »
Is Vehicle Traffic generated by GSX supposed to behave by stopping when airplane is in their path, or is it normal for them to never stop and go thru your airplane?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Vehicle Traffic
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 03:21:39 pm »
is it normal for them to never stop and go thru your airplane?

Since you are supposed to be parked when you use them or, if you are not, you are supposed to use taxiways (while GSX vehicles will use vehicle paths if the airport has them ), normally it shouldn't happen they'll clash into your own airplane.

Of course, if the airport you use doesn't have vehicle paths, GSX vehicles (those that not already on the parking, like the catering or the refuel truck) will be forced to use taxiways and, in that case, they are not aware of other planes.

PilotoVirtual57

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 01:11:48 am »
If I read you right, it is not supposed to happen while you're taxing to the active runway? I'll have to check again in your sceneries, but I think I recall this happening in yours as well...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 10:10:14 pm »
If I read you right, it is not supposed to happen while you're taxing to the active runway? I'll have to check again in your sceneries, but I think I recall this happening in yours as well...

If the airport has vehicle paths (all our airports usually have them), GSX vehicles will take them by preference, even if this would result in a longer path so, normally, you shouldn't seem them on the taxiways.