Author Topic: 2 Harpsi (AFCAD-issue)  (Read 6826 times)

MeatWater

2 Harpsi (AFCAD-issue)
« on: November 22, 2007, 11:57:23 am »
Using your modified AFCAD file ATC tried to vector me to RW23R last night. I then diverted to RW16. Later when checking the AFCAD file I saw that there were many phantom runways with a lenght of just 10ft - what is their purpose and why did I get an assignment for one of those?

harpsi

• Beta tester
Re: 2 Harpsi (AFCAD-issue)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 10:14:04 pm »
Hi

Sometimes those kind of issues may happen. Until now, and after hours and hours of traffic, I didn´t see any of those issues. Those runways are fake runways used to build the star system. The star system is the only way to get all three non-paralell runways working at the same time. If you wouldn´t have those, you would see AI traffic at one runway only.

harpsi

MeatWater

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 10:50:07 pm »
Thanks for the answer - must have been lucky then: three flights into Zurich, and on all three I got 23R or L. Maybe because I use a lot of traffic (80%)?

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 09:25:49 am »
Thanks for the answer - must have been lucky then: three flights into Zurich, and on all three I got 23R or L. Maybe because I use a lot of traffic (80%)?

Not for sure. I always use 100 % traffic (comercial, VFR and military included) and nothing happened. If it happens, normally it comes in the first 15 minutes after the simulator is opened since FS is organizing the traffic itself.

harpsi

MeatWater

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 11:57:23 am »
When it happened I had been in the air for at least an hour or so - well, not really a problem, I was just curious. As long as I can request a reasonable RW from ATC, I'm fine.

In another thread I posted a link to a tool that allows easy adding of an ILS, would that be a sollution for RW 28?

harpsi

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 07:59:34 pm »
When it happened I had been in the air for at least an hour or so - well, not really a problem, I was just curious. As long as I can request a reasonable RW from ATC, I'm fine.

In another thread I posted a link to a tool that allows easy adding of an ILS, would that be a sollution for RW 28?

ILS 28 was already one of the firsat added things to the afcad file.

harpsi

MeatWater

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 02:03:56 pm »
 ::) shoudda seen that