Author Topic: Part of the buildings show up (FSX version) **SOLVED**  (Read 2732 times)

NMahinK

Part of the buildings show up (FSX version) **SOLVED**
« on: March 18, 2018, 01:17:54 am »
Hello! I have one small issue in the scenery, in the FSX version (FSX boxed with SP1 and SP2) only part of the buildings appear at KLAX (Addon manager and couatl are working), I've never had this issue before. The buildings do show up when I move the aircraft closer to the building. I only have GSX and KLAX addons installed, nothing else. I'm not running FSX in compatibility mode either, and I have the transparency settings off.

PS I don't have this issue in P3Dv4.

Windows 10 64 Bit Home
i7-6700 3.40GHz
Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
16 GB Ram
120 GB SSD
1 TB Hard drive (All FSX and P3D is on this drive)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:31:12 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Part of the buildings show up (FSX version)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 05:19:14 pm »
The buildings do show up when I move the aircraft closer to the building. I only have GSX and KLAX addons installed, nothing else. I'm not running FSX in compatibility mode either, and I have the transparency settings off.

I'm sorry but, the only possible reason for building showing up only when you get very close, is FSX running in Compatibility setting. Even a 3rd party addon that runs with it, starting in compatibility setting, might cause this, especially one that start FSX itself, which is a very bad practice.

NMahinK

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 01:36:33 am »
I'll double check on my mind, strange I've never had this in issue when I had FSX steam though, I'll do some back tracking and I'll report the findings

NMahinK

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 10:48:49 pm »
I think I may have found the cause (thought completely on my end), apparently on my PC, FSX boxed does not install properly on my system. I reinstall FSX steam and all the buildings work perfectly!