Author Topic: Fsx not found  (Read 2021 times)

abh_jc_03

Fsx not found
« on: March 17, 2018, 04:40:29 pm »
I had some scenery issue with nothing showing up in my scenery library except checked boxes so I uninstalled fsx and my fsdreamteam and flightbeam sceneries. I manually deleted all extra files. When I installed to my other hard drive which I have done before fsx worked. When I went to install my fsdreamteam sceneries they said no fsx found. I used the repair registry tool for fsx as well. What else can I do?

abh_jc_03

Re: Fsx not found
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 04:44:11 pm »
Also I uninstalled from control panel as well. I’ve searched everywhere for a fix.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fsx not found
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 05:25:30 pm »
You must have made a mistake uninstalling, especially if you were using the Steam version and you have or HAD the regular FSX installed at some time so now, your registry keys are wrong.

If you use the Steam version and have or HAD the regular FSX too, the correct reinstall procedure is:

1) Uninstall regular FSX

2) Uninstall FSX:Steam Edition

3) Reinstall FSX:Steam Edition

4) RUN IT ONCE, so the Steam interface can set your registry keys correct for a "Single mode" operation (FSX:SE without FSX installed)

5) THEN you can start reinstalling your addons.

If you are unable to uninstall the regular FSX, it's best if you REMOVE ALL the FSX registry keys, then proceed from Step #2