Author Topic: Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**  (Read 30768 times)

specialkaye87

Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**
« on: March 14, 2018, 11:42:28 am »
I've dug around the forums for the last 5 hours to fix this issue. Here's where I am at so far:

I had to reinstall P3Dv4, along with GSX and KMEM.

In the same evening I also installed Ultimate Traffic Live

It is my understanding that UTL corrupts the EXE.xml in the %%PROGRAMDATA%% folder preventing Coutal from starting when P3D starts

Corrective actions:

- Uninstall and reinstall any and all FSDT products
- Disable all antivirus software and try again
- Delete the corrupt EXE.xml files and try again
- Uninstall UTL, delete EXE.xml and try again
- Ensure Microsoft C++ is up to date
- Re-download GSX, KMEM, and Addon Manager

Suggestions?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:11:13 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 02:12:07 pm »
The issue of a corrupted DLL/EXE.XML (NOT used by our products) was supposed to be fixed in P3D 4.1/4.2 so, it's not likely that.

Instead, just ensuring the VC++ libraries are "up to date" doesn't really ensure they are *working* and, our software requires both the VC++ 2013 and 2015 versions of the runtimes and, indirectly, they also require the VC++ 2005 SP1 runtime, which is required by the Simconnect client we link against.

So, as explained in all other posts about the VC++ libraries, the usual solution to cause VC++ issues is:

- Uninstall ALL versions (x86 and x64) of the 2005, 2013 and 2015 runtimes.

- Download them again from the MS site. The 2005 version must be the 2005 SP1, and download both the x86 and x64 versions. Here's the links:

VC++ 2005 SP1
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638

VC++ 2013
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

VC++ 2015
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

- Install them ALL, both the x86 and x64 versions and restart Windows. The links are for the English version, you might require to download other language versions, if your Windows is not English.

Also, your message is not very clear because, you titled the message as "Addon Manager not showing up", but in the message you say it's Couatl which is not starting automatically. So, which one is which ? Are you missing both, or just one of them ?

And, as discussed in all other thread about missing menus, it's NOT enough to just disable the antivirus. If the antivirus is the cause of the problem, you MUST do as follows:

- Download and install with the antivirus disabled.

- CONFIGURE the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning before starting the sim.

If still doesn't work, it's possible your issue is instead the Simconnect client missing in the sim, which is not normal, since our installer obviously install it, but it's possible that one might end up missing/corrupted for the same reasons of the VC++ libraries. To reinstall it, launch this file:

Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.MSI

If still doesn't work, then you reinstalled everything required to run, so you are back at square one: check the antivirus and reinstall, because there are no other reasons for the software not running. It's either the antivirus, or the missing libraries.

If all the above doesn't work

If that doesn't work, you should do the following to enable Logging:

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Delete %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali again

- Run the sim, then exit after it disappear after the cache recreation.

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 02:05:48 pm by virtuali »

specialkaye87

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 10:40:16 pm »
Caught it. I think it was the 2005 or 2013 Microsoft VC++. Repair option doesn't do the trick, you need to completely uninstall it and reinstall it from a fresh download. I'm wondering if UTL is corrupting those files. Sorry for the trouble. I appreciate your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 10:54:24 am »
Repair option doesn't do the trick, you need to completely uninstall it and reinstall it from a fresh download.

Yes, that's precisely what was my suggested procedure.

I'm wondering if UTL is corrupting those files.

It might not be something related to flight simulation. Those runtimes are used by almost every software in the system. Sometimes, they even corrupted by themselves: an old version of the VC++ 2010 runtime had a bug that caused the 2005 runtime to stop working, but it was then fixed in a Microsoft hotfix.

pedroportugal

Re: Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 02:59:14 pm »
same issue i dont have3 addon manager in my p3d v3.4 i try unistall the c++ and reinstall but not work.

remove all gsx and addon manager and reinstall helps?  no need to delete any folders ?

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 03:10:26 pm »
same issue i dont have3 addon manager in my p3d v3.4 i try unistall the c++ and reinstall but not work.

This thread is about P3D 4. Under P3D 3.x, we required the VC++ 2013 AND the 2005 SP1 runtimes, in addition to the VC++ 2015 runtimes.

pedroportugal

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 12:12:23 am »
i buy GSX  ,qw 757 ,and cannot use them because the installer dont install the addonmanager properly i have all the vc++ instaled instaling gsx  install addonmanager too and dont have nothing in addons in p3d.
the bglman.dll its on director of p3d?  our in appdata? because i dont have p3d on c: in dll.xml  i dont have any addon added to bglman.dll!  sorry its 2 weeks to solve this problem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 01:34:36 pm »
i buy GSX  ,qw 757 ,and cannot use them because the installer dont install the addonmanager properly i have all the vc++ instaled instaling gsx  install addonmanager too and dont have nothing in addons in p3d.

If you have the QW757, you must install GSX AFTER it, that's the only thing you must take care of.

pedroportugal

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 02:36:11 pm »
i dont have addon manager in the menu

pedroportugal

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 02:39:22 pm »
uninstalling addonmanager remove all files from the system?  i dont have to delete manualy?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 02:49:19 pm »
Don't do anything manually, just be sure you install the Addon Manager, or anything else using a current FSDT installer AFTER the QW757.

pedroportugal

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 09:27:13 pm »
 i try it but nothing  :(
i think vc++ its  installed when i run install addon manager try to install vc++ 2005 but give the error 1402 problem with the keys.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 09:33:58 pm »
try to install vc++ 2005 but give the error 1402 problem with the keys.

This is likely the issue, which indicates some permission problems with your account, which are preventing the VC++ 2005 runtimes to install correctly, and if they don't work, neither GSX or many other addons that require the FSX SP2 Simconnect client wouldn't work either.

See some threads here about some possible fixes:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/error-1402-could-not-open-key/1aff58b8-37f9-4d41-824e-9f4ca11b442f?auth=1
https://www.vistax64.com/threads/visual-c-2005-install-error.262820/

saimeen

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 08:37:35 pm »
Hi there i have also a problem that i can't see the addon manager in p3d v4 however it works in p3d v3. i have followed your steps and have reinstalled all runtimes.
I hope you can help me?
thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 08:46:37 pm »
Hi there i have also a problem that i can't see the addon manager in p3d v4 however it works in p3d v3. i have followed your steps and have reinstalled all runtimes

You don't say which version of P3D4 you have.

As indicated in the release notes from March, 4.0 is no longer supported so, if you still are on 4.0, nothing will work anymore, and 4.1 is the absolute minimum, but in the next months we'll probably require 4.3.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 08:51:15 pm by virtuali »