Author Topic: Late Baggage...  (Read 3683 times)

bjratchf

Late Baggage...
« on: June 21, 2019, 09:32:20 pm »
Sometimes this does happen in real life... but whenever I board using GSX, the passengers arrive and the baggage doesn't get loaded it seems until after the passengers have finished boarding. Is there a way to get the baggage to be loaded concurrently?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Late Baggage...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 10:10:41 pm »
Both processes DO work at the same time.

However, on Boarding, the full loaders come from a distance so, they'll start to load as soon as they get there, which of course can change a lot depending how well (or bad) the scenery AFCAD is made, for example if it has (or not), vehicle parking close to the terminal, as they should be.

Passengers will start boarding as soon as you open the main passenger exit.

So, if you *really* want to have luggage loaded before or at the same time as passengers, don't open the passenger exit until loaders have arrived and started their job.

Not sure how better or realistic would be teleporting the loaders immediately, just because the scenery hasn't been made with the proper attention to ground services, by placing the vehicle parking spots too far away from the terminal (or not placing them at all, meaning GSX will spawn the loaders from a fuel parking or, in case *that* one is missing too, from a random parking)

blau99

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 11:44:40 pm »
Hi,
I think he means that the baggage cars do not spawn until the passengers are fully boarded. I got the same issue with the mjc Q400 and the aerosoft crj. Requested boarding, crew bus arrives and drives off, then the passenges arrive and board the plane but usually the baggage cars and the passenger bus spawn at relative the same time but with those two aircrafts the baggage cars do spawn when the passengers are boarded and the bus drives off.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 11:42:52 am »
I think he means that the baggage cars do not spawn until the passengers are fully boarded. I got the same issue with the mjc Q400 and the aerosoft crj.

Sorry, but that's not what happens. The baggage cars that starts from afar, are created in the precise, exact moment after you select Boarding. Depending on how the scenery is made, they might took a short or a longer time to arrive, but they are surely created as soon as Boarding is selected.

blau99

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 04:05:38 pm »
That´s exactly what happens, for most aircrafts it might be true that passengers and baggage cars spawn simultaneously but I tested this multiple times now with both CRJ and Q400 (only planes where the issue occurs) at Stuttgart Airport (EDDS - Default) and I was able to watch the vehicles spawn in and I observed that the baggage cars do spawn after the passengers are fully boarded.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 12:22:32 am »
I can only repeat and confirm there's no way the aircraft used could have any effect on the spawning of loaders.

Are you sure we are referring to the same loaders ? I'm referring to the ones that starts OUTSIDE your parking, which are coming full from another vehicle parking, and are used to do Boarding, while the empty (ok, almost empty) ones that spawn at your parking, will go away after a short while. BOTH are created exactly when you select Boarding, the only difference is where.

blau99

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 08:26:26 pm »
Hi,
I´m refering to the ones spawning when calling for boarding not the empty ones at the stand, I´ll try to make a video of that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 01:42:43 pm »
I´m refering to the ones spawning when calling for boarding not the empty ones at the stand, I´ll try to make a video of that.

No need to do that, also because the GSX version you have is so old, that it wouldn't be very helpful for us, tracking a possible issue that might have happened on a 6 months old version, which has changed quite a bit.

I suggest waiting for the next big update, and they we'll have a look at it, if it happens again.