Author Topic: Jetways Docked position  (Read 7160 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
Jetways Docked position
« on: April 21, 2009, 08:49:57 am »
Just another thing that Im noticing, is the jetways dont seem to dock all the way. THey seem to go 3/4 of the way. Any ideas heres a pic. I know the jetway points that I have in the cfg are right, because I made them and they work perfectly at any other airport. See how the jetway is above the door and not turned all the way? I also checked it with my crj 2 and it was also like this. Also this does not just happen with my user aircraft, it happens with all my ai aircraft. Any ideas?

Im looking at it now, and it only seems to be the planes at the a gates. The c and D gates are fine. Strange
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:13:22 am by bkircher »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways Docked position
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 01:08:12 pm »
The jetways are handled entirely by FSX. We just provide the bones that controls the model, but the model it's the same, regardless were it's placed.

Sometimes FSX just can't handle the animation very well on certain airplanes (yes, the CRJ seems to be affected more), the wheels usually have issues, and this is happening with the default jetways at defeault airports as well, on some airplanes.

There's not much we can do right now, other than replacing the FSX jetway system entirely with something we can control better, and this is already under consideration.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 07:08:31 pm »
There's not much we can do right now, other than replacing the FSX jetway system entirely with something we can control better, and this is already under consideration.

Ok.

Thanks for the reply Virtuali. Appericiated. I think if you were to replace the jetway system entirely, that would be a tremendous help to the overall look and feel of your airports when you are at the gate. As you know I am a very supportive memeber here and would love to see that happen. You guys seem to be a group that is daring to get into the more techinal side of the fs, rather than just sticking to scenerys and aircraft. I think that is what sets you aside from the rest of the pack.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 04:52:04 am »
This issue with the jetways is very strange. This issue only happens with the user aircraft. I have no idea why or what causes this, but the jetway does everything but lower its height to meet the correct height of the door. I know you say it is an fsx interpratation thing, but how is it that it only happens in LAS, and that it works fine for the ai planes, and I know the jetway coordinates are correct because I have made almost all of them for my user aircraft.

Could you at least look into the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 11:32:38 am »
but how is it that it only happens in LAS, and that it works fine for the ai planes, and I know the jetway coordinates are correct because I have made almost all of them for my user aircraft.

I assure you that, with the default CRJ, default jetways on default airports shows similar issues as well. It seems to affect the CRJ more than other models, because the airplane has a fairly low height from ground.

Could you at least look into the problem?

As I've said, there's not much we can do, other than replacing entirely the jetway system with our own, which is something we plan to do, and not for a specific scenery project.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 11:20:01 pm »
Ok, it just seems weird that it only happens to my aircraft, no matter the type. The jetway head doesnt turn all the way and it never lowers itself into the correct position.

As long as it gets fixed hopefully soon with a new system, I can live with it.