Author Topic: Have GSX baggage loader type defined in aircraft config, not the gate config  (Read 3739 times)

DoverEightMike

To me, it would make more sense if the type of baggage loader used (crate lift, conveyor) was defined per aircraft, not per parking position. Doing it by parking position could cause, on boarding, the crates to be used, but on deboarding at another airport, the bag conveyor to be used, which of course would never happen.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
To me, it would make more sense if the type of baggage loader used (crate lift, conveyor) was defined per aircraft, not per parking position.

That's exactly how GSX works right now. Normally, you define the loader type by aircraft, using the aircraft configuration page.

The loader type in the parking configuration page it's just an additional option, which should be used less frequently, only in those specific cases where, for example, an airplane that would otherwise use large cargo loaders, will end up parking in a spot which is too small for the large loader to maneuver, so you have the option to change it, or remove it altogether.

DoverEightMike

Ah, okay. I understand now. Thanks for clarifying.