Author Topic: PHNL Major sutters on 4L Final P3D4.1  (Read 5299 times)

b737

PHNL Major sutters on 4L Final P3D4.1
« on: March 12, 2018, 02:03:27 am »
Hi, I recently took the plunge and got P3D 4.1...yes am aware of 4.2.
I did a flight from PHOG to PHNL, in the flysimware MU-2. Everything was fine till approx. 5mi final. Then the approach became a slideshow!
Afterwards based on some troubleshooting info, I let P3d create a new config and deleted shaders folder.  I then did the flight again with just basic default from P3D.
Everything was smooth as silk to my approach afgain PHNL 4L.  Then it became a stutter all the way till landing.  I also noticed while taxing, it would be smooth, then stutter for a sec.

I have an iNtel 6850mhz @ 4.1ghz, Win7 ULT 64bit, 64MB ram(all checked) Zotac 1080 vid card(latest updated drivers).  I am also running the toposim Hawaii mesh, and the Flysim jewels Hawaii scenery. No George Keahogh(sp) airports loaded.
Now on a flight back, T/O 4L somewhat stutter on T/O, especially if a look side view, it more jerky/stuttering.  Once I cleared the PHNL area, everything was smooth as silk again. My approach to PHOG was nice and smooth.

I have tried adjustment in Add on mgr, no help. Running latest add on mgr. I guess at this point, I'll uninstall PHNL, and see what happens. May try and load the Keahough(sp) scenery, see if that makes a diff.
Any ideas appreciated.  This was a fresh install of all scenerys, as I just started to use P3D 4.1

Thanks for any help.  Love the Honolulu scenery, hope to resolve.

Best,
David

b737

Re: PHNL Major sutters on 4L Final P3D4.1
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:13:00 pm »
Hmm, OK. Was hoping for a little insight on this one.
Guess, I’m on my own on this one.   Really enjoy the FSDT Hawaiin products, hoping I dont
have to uninstall PHNL. Thanks anyway.
Best,
David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 11:14:56 am »
I'm sorry but, we are extremely busy these days with new upgrades.

But I found some time to record a quick video approaching PHNL on my system, which is not too different than yours (i7 6700, Asus 1080 Ti, "only" 32GB/RAM), the only difference is that I'm using only default scenery, no 3rd party mesh or other sceneries, and I use the default A321 imported from FSX.

As you can see, it's perfectly smooth, even while loading the objects at the start of the video.

b737

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 11:06:09 pm »
Hi Umberto! Good to hear from you. It's been a long time since we have seen each other. Think Microwings! :-)

I'm not seeing your video.  Yes, I am using the Toposim mesh, and the flight sim jewels Hawaii addon. I see were they have released a new version for P3D 4. Will try and see if it makes a diff.

I have all the FSDT sceneries, no issues on any other HAW Vol I or II sceneries.  Smooth as silk.  As mentioned, no tweaks for testing, took P3D.cfg defaults. 
Even with mesh,terrain etc on the lowest settings, still had the stutters on the scenery. Might try and see were the flight sim jewels is located vs PHNL..move PHNL above, perhaps that will help.

Last will be uninstall PHNL, and trest. That will eliminate FSJ stuff.   Hope all is well with you and yours.
Perhaps our paths will cross again someday. It was just weird that everything was buttery smooth till about 10 miles from PHNL...then the sluggish and stutter performance. Even on the lowest settings.

If you have any other ideas to try, I'm all ears.
Take Care,
David

Jedi928

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 05:32:50 pm »
Hi the same for me on P3DV4.2 ther is a lot of stutters and it is like a slide show! I have No problem with other fsdreamteam sceneries....

b737

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 07:33:27 pm »
Thanks Jedi, good to know I’m not alone. Just loaded fresh p3d 4.2. Did a flight in mu2 into default phnl. Smooth as silk. P3d settings mostly default.

Gojng to try installing sceney/mesh one at a time. Hopefully I can zero in on the culprit.

Good Luck to you as well. At least we have the satisfaction of knowing Umberto’s PHNL is smooth,
just have to figure out how to reach the same results. Although, I noticed Umberto didn’t do an approach to 4L.
Seems that is were my issue shows up.

Best,
David
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:39:12 pm by b737 »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 01:18:21 am »
 I just did a flight in P3d 4.2 onto HNL's 04L in the PMDG NGX, aside for a couple small stutters as the airport and probably moreso from AI loaded (100+ in the bubble) the approach was smooth and never less than 20fps. Other addons were AS16, ORBX Vector and NA LC for that area. Running a 6700K @4.7, 1080Ti at 1440p.

Jedi928

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 05:10:06 pm »
Hi,

i think my problem is solved, i have noticed than after installing a few fsdreamteam sceneries my texture resolution was set to 4096*4096
in my p3dv4 settings instead of 2048*2048 so i have changed to 2048 and miracle no stutters now in PHNL Honolulu!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 05:16:25 pm »
in my p3dv4 settings instead of 2048*2048 so i have changed to 2048 and miracle no stutters now in PHNL Honolulu!

PHNL uses only 1024x1024 textures so, nothing in the texture setting would make any difference to it. However, if you have a 3rd party airplane with 4K texture, then it might be able to exhaust your video ram with its own textures.