Author Topic: [P3Dv4] Transparant taxiway bridges?  (Read 4983 times)

Er!k

[P3Dv4] Transparant taxiway bridges?
« on: March 10, 2018, 11:43:44 am »
Hello Umberto,

Applied the KIAH patch this morning (manually removed all old files before running the updater). I notice some transparant taxiway bridges near RWY09.

https://s9.postimg.org/xfr89nv8v/2018-3-10_11-41-59-402.jpg

https://s9.postimg.org/ldvufitq7/2018-3-10_11-42-8-886.jpg
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 05:11:34 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: [P3Dv4] Transparant taxiway bridges?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 05:12:34 pm »
That's normal. It's the only way to get a fully native P3D4 ground quickly, without waiting for a complete remake.

Er!k

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 07:52:31 am »
Okay understand! Just looking at the night textures:

https://s9.postimg.org/e7m6diamn/2018-3-11_7-51-57-759.jpg

Is this normal as well (look very unsharp)?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:07:59 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 11:13:52 am »
That's how the always looked like. We haven't change the textures themselves with this update, we only changed the way the same textures are displayed, using native P3D4 SDK instead of the FSX SDK, which will prevent flickering.

You must understand that KIAH it's a scenery that has been released in a difficult time, when nobody could foresee a 64 bit simulator, and we were unfairly accused to cause OOM crashes with our previous scenery ( CYVR ), when in fact the real problem was that users were trying to use it with too many addons at the time (OrbX PNW, Vancouver+, PMDG, etc.) and FSX could only work with so much stuff at once, before OOM-ing.

So, even if OOMs weren't "caused" by CYVR, we tried to do the next scenery (KIAH), as light as possible and as trouble-free as possible. Which worked, since KIAH is BY FAR the scenery that requires less support, since it just works. But the downside of it, is that some people see it as a "bland" scenery.

I guess KIAH could benefit for a full remake for 64 bit, like we are doing for O'Hare but, it's likely this will have to wait, since JFK and KLAX will likely be the first in line to be remade (and together, it will take a couple of years), after KORD.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:55:06 pm by virtuali »

shenry

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 05:22:08 pm »
Can we have the old FSX ground textures as an option (i.e. the version prior to this latest update? I rather deal with the flickering as opposed to what is now lost in this version.

Please let me know.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 09:57:08 pm »
Can we have the old FSX ground textures as an option (i.e. the version prior to this latest update? I rather deal with the flickering as opposed to what is now lost in this version.

You mean you rather have flickering *everywhere*, rather than JUST on the bridge and JUST at some specific angles ? As I've said, that's the only thing "lost", the night textures and everything else is exactly the same.

shenry

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 10:05:59 pm »

You mean you rather have flickering *everywhere*, rather than JUST on the bridge and JUST at some specific angles ? As I've said, that's the only thing "lost", the night textures and everything else is exactly the same.

I had no flickering problems except when overflying the airfield at altitude. I'm happy to continue using the version prior to this update. Please let me know how i can access it.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 10:11:28 pm »
had no flickering problems except when overflying the airfield at altitude. I'm happy to continue using the version prior to this update. Please let me know how i can access it.

You can't, not easily at least. We would have to add a specific menu option to the YouControl menu, allowing to choose between the FSX or the P3D objects. We'll look into it.

shenry

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 10:33:17 pm »
had no flickering problems except when overflying the airfield at altitude. I'm happy to continue using the version prior to this update. Please let me know how i can access it.

You can't, not easily at least. We would have to add a specific menu option to the YouControl menu, allowing to choose between the FSX or the P3D objects. We'll look into it.

Thanks, will look out for  this..

Regards