Author Topic: KIAH update for Prepar3D  (Read 20151 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
KIAH update for Prepar3D
« on: March 07, 2018, 01:30:17 pm »
Today we updated KIAH to support native P3D ground polygons, which should fix all issues related to ground flickering when used with non standard cameras, or some 3rd party addon sceneries.

To apply the Update:

- Be sure the sim is not running

- Start the FSDT Live Update from the Desktop icon.

If you use the full installer (no need to download it, since it hasn't been updated), the Live Update process which will be started at the end, will update the scenery in the same way.

johnny_gitara

Re: KIAH update for Prepar3D
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 10:09:49 pm »
Umberto thank you for the update. Would it be possible for you guys to update the afcad so that Air New Zeland parks at the int'l terminal?

Also please look at the pictures? Is this how it is supposed to be? Thank you again.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:21:39 pm by johnny_gitara »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 11:06:17 am »
I'm not sure what's wrong in your pictures. We haven't changed the AFCAD (hence the parking positions) in this update, just the ground textures.

johnny_gitara

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 11:25:10 am »
I was talking about those two rectangular shapes at E and C gates that are different in color than the apron surface. Also, when the Couatl engine is restarted, airport reloads, but those two areas remain visible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 01:11:22 pm »
I was talking about those two rectangular shapes at E and C gates that are different in color than the apron surface.

Ok, I didn't noticed them. They are not coming from our scenery and I can't see them here.

Also, when the Couatl engine is restarted, airport reloads, but those two areas remain visible.

Which confirms they are not coming from our scenery. It must be a conflicting AFCAD from another scenery, or an AI traffic package.

johnny_gitara

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 01:57:55 pm »
OK good to know they are not from your work. Since i don't have any traffic package that would add afcads or another kiah scenery, the only thing i can think off is ftx vector and lcnorthamerica. Thnx

shenry

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 12:07:57 pm »
OK good to know they are not from your work. Since i don't have any traffic package that would add afcads or another kiah scenery, the only thing i can think off is ftx vector and lcnorthamerica. Thnx

Were you able to solve this? I have the same problem.

johnny_gitara

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 09:19:32 pm »
You have to edit the afcad, and remove these two grey polygons that are visible on the apron. Or use the afcad that I have edited (also added missing airlines)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 09:24:24 pm by johnny_gitara »

shenry

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 09:36:10 pm »
You have to edit the afcad, and remove these two grey polygons that are visible on the apron. Or use the afcad that I have edited (also added missing airlines)

Thank you!

stro19

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 11:55:06 pm »
I ran the update and it updated KIAH. It added some kind of tower on top of Terminal C....Around Gate C14.
SaintJoe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 12:49:05 pm »
I ran the update and it updated KIAH. It added some kind of tower on top of Terminal C....Around Gate C14.

You must have some kind of conflict caused by another scenery ( that's where the tower is coming from ), since we surely haven't added any objects in the update.

stro19

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 03:29:57 am »
I havent added anything, just ran the update because it said a new addon manager was available.
SaintJoe

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 12:10:22 am »

Hey Johnny, can you please tell me where to put afcad in folder? I tried to find KIAH's scenery folder but I couldn't.  ???

Thanks.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 07:45:56 am »
 It's pretty easy to find, in your FSDT Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KIAH\Scenery

kityatyi

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 04:54:53 pm »
Guys can you please confirm (or deny) if KIAH does have dynamic lights, please?