Author Topic: O'Hare V2 - New features  (Read 113086 times)

efpg0708

Re: O'Hare V2 - New features
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2018, 06:13:15 pm »
Hi guys

Great work on KORD !

May I leave just a suggestion: every scenery developer uses their custom runway lights in their sceneries, so we end up with different lights all around ... I think it would be great if we could have the option of using default P3D runway lights, so one can use the lights of his preference, therefore having consistent runway lights across the majority of airports.

Regards

Eduardo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2018, 06:28:27 pm »
The whole point of using custom runway lights is that default lights are either not accurate enough, not the right color, and not offering special features we have in our sceneries, like the FAROS system, the THL, etc.

And, if you use 3rd party addons that plays with effects, we cannot even be sure you'll see the lights as we designed them, which is another good reason not to use default lights.

marknie

« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2019, 05:34:00 am »
Can you please not clutter this scenery up with tons of static stuff and make sure all jetways are GSX Level 2 usable and customizable?  It gets old to see all this static clutter and no life to it. . .
Capn Mark Niebauer

marknie

« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2019, 05:42:44 am »
Did I miss the release of this or the statement was never made?

We haven't made any complete statement yet, but the most important bit of information was:

Hint: is not going to be released before the end of the year. But it will be worth waiting. And yes, it will work ONLY with P3D 4.4.

Was going to buy the old version, but decided to wait after seeing the video and comparing it to the old one. But damn man, its February 2019 already . . .
Capn Mark Niebauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2019, 12:38:26 pm »
Can you please not clutter this scenery up with tons of static stuff and make sure all jetways are GSX Level 2 usable and customizable?  It gets old to see all this static clutter and no life to it. . .

How much time has passed since you last saw an FSDT scenery ?

We stopped having static detail stuff since years ago, since they conflict with GSX and, even when they are used, in later sceneries (at least since KLAX), they are automatically removed when GSX is activated so, the whole issue of conflicting with the jetway cannot happen, since you would need to activate the gate in GSX to operate the jetway in any case.

sbucknerbcs

« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2019, 05:03:02 am »
Any idea when KORD v2 will be released??  ;) ;) ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:06:33 am by sbucknerbcs »

joevendemia

« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2019, 09:46:56 pm »
good lord, he said it would be released when it's ready , all the constant asking is gonna do is piss him off

matthewpow

« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2019, 09:24:50 pm »
Saw this online earlier: https://www.dailyherald.com/news/20190223/icy-wings-ohare-opens-center-to-speed-up-departures?fbclid=IwAR02ggCp99D10oK3Li3PKXIhNzKxQebeS_qcqGfn6NTrTeDhSr4yWfiYT70

Any chance you guys would model that once more information is put out about it?

Edit:
I guess this kind of led me on an investigation on where it is, and I found out it's on a newly extended (by new, I mean not on Google Maps view yet), taxiway Z. It extends south past runway 15 (now SS) to a large area connected by U, J1, K1, BB1, and BB2. So I guess my new question is how updated will this new scenery be? I don't expect you guys to solely rely on Google but it's a good reference, and it hasn't been updated to the current ORD. So will all of these new taxiways be included?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 09:30:19 pm by matthewpow »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2019, 01:38:21 pm »
The map on Google Maps is outdated, our scenery is already more current than that.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 10:48:59 am by virtuali »

Raller

« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2019, 12:51:11 am »
good lord, he said it would be released when it's ready , all the constant asking is gonna do is piss him off

Release date is not that important anymore, most have bought Drzewiecki...

F737NG

« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2019, 01:30:02 am »

Did you run a survey to find that 'most' people in the sim community have already bought that other product in just a few short hours?

Maybe 'most' people will wait to get a higher quality version of KORD. Or maybe 'most' people might buy both, since there are two other airports available in the other scenery.

We all want the FSDT version done as quickly as possible, but I think everyone would prefer that it looks the best it can and works properly, instead of waiting for lots of patches and hotfixes after release.

stevefocus

« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2019, 06:39:46 am »

Did you run a survey to find that 'most' people in the sim community have already bought that other product in just a few short hours?

Maybe 'most' people will wait to get a higher quality version of KORD. Or maybe 'most' people might buy both, since there are two other airports available in the other scenery.

We all want the FSDT version done as quickly as possible, but I think everyone would prefer that it looks the best it can and works properly, instead of waiting for lots of patches and hotfixes after release.

Lol Raller needs to go a see a doctor to get that verbal diarrhoea cured. Love people who state things even though they don't have a clue, always makes me laugh.

Raller

« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2019, 07:11:02 pm »
Reactions exactly as expected, always makes me laugh too. Did you start a survey to determine the opposite?

Announcing a product one and a half year ago and then getting pissed when customers friendly ask for an approximate release date is a no-go for me and certainly for some other people as well.

I apologize for having forced you to become personal, so let us stop this at this point.

VHHHflyer

« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2019, 09:35:37 pm »
Reactions exactly as expected, always makes me laugh too. Did you start a survey to determine the opposite?

Announcing a product one and a half year ago and then getting pissed when customers friendly ask for an approximate release date is a no-go for me and certainly for some other people as well.

I apologize for having forced you to become personal, so let us stop this at this point.

You must be new to the simming (also development) world because if you weren't, you would know asking for a release timeline or even as estimate is pretty stupid.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2019, 10:21:39 pm »

So what ? We always announce our products very long in advance. Sometimes it might be useful for other developers too. Not always...