Author Topic: O'Hare V2 - New features  (Read 113046 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: O'Hare V2 - New features
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2018, 02:10:26 pm »
I have a question regarding the information panels. Will their be a feature for PFPX users where you are able to export the flightplan so will show up on the information panel?

The panels indicates your own departure/destination airport as long a standard P3D Flightplan is active.

So, whatever 3rd party utility you use, if it can generate a standard P3D Flightplan that you can load in the default Flight planner, it will be shown in the information panels.

Drumcode

« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2018, 12:02:43 am »
Umberto, I just came across the AirDailyX interview on YT and saw the inside of the ORD's terminal... Amazing work! The status board! Will the jetways be accessible from inside the terminal into the aircraft too with the avatar?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2018, 02:34:18 pm »
Will the jetways be accessible from inside the terminal into the aircraft too with the avatar?

That's not currently possible with P3D4 because, jetways are skinned, meaning their structure changes when they are docked so, what is normally used to have the Avatar standing on an elevated surface, the so called "platform" in SDK terms, doesn't "stretch" with the jetway animation, so the Avatar would fall off the jetway as soon as it moves.

However, it's possible to let the Avatar visit undocked static jetways and I guess we might to something to allow users to see a jetway in first-person mode even when it's docked or while it's docking, if we either "locked" the avatar in place (like a static observing point ), or if we placed a custom camera there.

There are still lots of new features we could likely add in P3D4 (only), because the camera API there is so much more powerful than the very limited one available on FSX.

DavidJBecket

« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2018, 10:12:21 am »
What's the latest news on a release date? Is it still September?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:13:52 am by DavidJBecket »

Bradzim

« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2018, 04:04:53 pm »
When was September reported?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2018, 04:49:51 pm »
We never mentioned a possible September release date for KORD V2. You must have confused it for GSX Level 2 which, instead, has always been confirmed for September and WILL be released in September.

At this time, nothing has changed since my last post, and the scenery is still scheduled to be released in 2018.

infus1on

« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2018, 08:16:48 am »
Its September!!!!  ::)
Mike

FSDreamteam: KLAX Los Angeles * KDFW Dallas Fort Worth * KLAS McCarran * KJFK New York * KORD O'Hare * PHNL Honolulu * Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 & 2 * LSZG Zurich CYVR Vancouver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2018, 11:59:11 am »
Its September!!!!  ::)

This means we have still 29 days left, to be considered on time...

Bradzim

« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2018, 09:14:23 pm »
Now that GSX2 is out, does that mean ORD is soon to follow?  I thought I read that most of the features for ORD will require GSX2. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2018, 09:16:51 pm »
Now that GSX2 is out, does that mean ORD is soon to follow?  I thought I read that most of the features for ORD will require GSX2. 

Well..."soon" for an airport so big, is an hopeful concept. But yes, now we probably have more time to concentrate on KORD V2.

CadetD

« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2018, 05:19:41 am »
Any updates by any chance?

Drumcode

« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2018, 03:54:40 pm »

The current update is that there's no update.

CadetD

« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2018, 07:46:17 pm »

The current update is that there's no update.

I would like to hear it from the developers please.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2018, 09:05:16 am »

There's nothing new to report. If there's something new, we'll report it.

We are purposely not giving any specific release date, because the scenery is so big, and we are doing it to a so high level of quality that will be the *definite* word on O'Hare (at least until the next runway change, in 2021...), for the next years, that we don't want to rush it.

aal763

« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2018, 09:14:08 pm »

There's nothing new to report. If there's something new, we'll report it.

We are purposely not giving any specific release date, because the scenery is so big, and we are doing it to a so high level of quality that will be the *definite* word on O'Hare (at least until the next runway change, in 2021...), for the next years, that we don't want to rush it.

I’m just hoping for a new screenshot or two, rather than news.  O’hare is my favorite airport, and I love the feeling of excitement I get when you post a new screenshot or short video showing off your beautiful work!

Best Regards,
Bob