Author Topic: O'Hare V2 - New features  (Read 114017 times)

NMahinK

Re: O'Hare V2 - New features
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2018, 06:10:26 am »
So nothing for FSX? Really?

FSX is the ex-partner we all knew and had memories with, it is in the past and should remain in the past.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 05:13:15 pm »
So nothing for FSX? Really?

Nope. Thank god, IMO. Time to move on...
Best regards, Anders

jwyman

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 06:01:58 pm »
Time to find another hobby i gues.... ::)

rjlfry

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2018, 07:28:02 pm »
FSX would not be able to run KORD shown in the preview video, 32bit will not cut it any more if we want more detailed Airport`s and Scenery. That`s why i moved to 64bit sims P3Dv4 and FSW.

Ray Fry.

bradl

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2018, 12:08:14 am »

Let's ask this. If you have a 64bit processor in your computer, and a 64bit OS, why would you still run a 32bit application that is unsupported even by the developer who made the program, and expect addons to support something that is no longer supported? This is like me asking for the latest 64bit updates for KLAS to be supported on FS9. Not going to happen.

Again, I assume you are running a 64bit OS. Most people are nowadays, as Windows 7 32bit has been at the end of mainstream support for over 2 years.

BL.

jwyman

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2018, 01:04:35 am »
Have a super day....

bhorv67

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2018, 01:51:44 am »
Amazing job.

Question I have not necessarily specific to the rebuild of ORD - and this may have been asked by others: why is it that during night hours, when airport dynamic lighting is on, that the light emitted by the airport lights is not reflected by the aircraft? What I mean is when I'm taxiing around an airport at night and see the light beams from the lights on the airport, the ground is lit, but the aircraft at the gates are all dark? Just looks really strange. The aircraft's own lights will reflect on itself (such as tail or wing lights), or even lights from GSX vehicles as they drive by, but the building lights don't. Just never understood why the aircraft were always dark sitting at a gate with building lights on above.
Will this not happen with the rebuild of ORD?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2018, 11:00:59 am »
when airport dynamic lighting is on, that the light emitted by the airport lights is not reflected by the aircraft? What I mean is when I'm taxiing around an airport at night and see the light beams from the lights on the airport, the ground is lit, but the aircraft at the gates are all dark?

Which aircraft ?

The aircraft's own lights will reflect on itself (such as tail or wing lights), or even lights from GSX vehicles as they drive by, but the building lights don't

Buildings will surely by lighted by aircraft/gsx vehicles lights. But in order for buildings to cast their own lights on other things, the scenery must be made to support dynamic lights. We only have this on our latest two airports ( KCLT and KSDF ) and of course KORD will have it too.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 01:03:58 pm by virtuali »

bhorv67

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2018, 07:45:14 pm »
I guess I'm making the wrong assumption that if a scenery has been updated for v4, that it has been updated to support dynamic lights. I did however just do a flight last night to arrive at KCLT, and noticed there is some of the building light received by the aircraft at the gate - it's very minimal.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 01:04:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2018, 01:09:58 pm »
I did however just do a flight last night to arrive at KCLT, and noticed there is some of the building light received by the aircraft at the gate - it's very minimal.

KCLT does support dynamic lights, but it doesn't depend entirely on it.

This is for obvious performance reasons: if we just set each and every light pylon as a dynamic light, it would just KILL the performances, something that many users reported in other airports that advertise support for dynamic lights, because the P3D4 graphic engine is simply not designed to support so many dynamic lights at the same time.

So, we used our scripting engine to create a custom LOD, so dynamic lights would appear only on the terminals close to your airplane positions and only on the same side your airplane is parked, so it will lit up your own plane and the nearby AI, but with a maximum of 5-6 lights at the time, so it's very easy on fps.

But, if we *just* did that, the airport would look totally black, when you are far from a terminal.

So, we use an hybrid method, which is a combination of static and dynamic lights, so you would still see the airport is lighted from a distance. That's why the dynamic lights cannot be a strong as they could be: they must work *together* with the static lights.

F737NG

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2018, 03:52:23 am »
Umberto, the post on Facebook says the airport will be:
...updated to March 2018, and in any case will follow the real situation at the time of release

Can you prepare the runways and runway signs when the new runways are completed and open in real life, and let us download them as an update, please?

One of the biggest complaints of the original, V1, of your KORD scenery was that runways opened after the release of your product were not modelled. Am I right in thinking that creating the new runways and signs shouldn't take much time?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2018, 11:16:05 am »
One of the biggest complaints of the original, V1, of your KORD scenery was that runways opened after the release of your product were not modelled

That's because we released it somewhere in March 2008, and new runways opened in November.  But we then released a free update for it so, it was current to the airport situation for some years.

Then, at the end of 2014 other runways changed, and at the end of 2015 there were other changes and in 2018 a new taxiway opened and the airport is changing again while we speak. We decided to "froze" it at the March 2018 situation, otherwise we'll never be able to release it...

Am I right in thinking that creating the new runways and signs shouldn't take much time?

You don't just create runway and signs. When a new runway opens, it usually changes lots of taxiways around it, which affects:

- the background textures

- the hold short signs

- the horizontal and vertical signs, which we custom model in 3d

- the taxiway lights on the edges and centerlines, which we custom model in 3d

- the flashing hold short lights, which we custom model in 3d

- the approach procedures in the AFCAD

When the next runways will open in 2020, lots of buildings around the current runway will be demolished, and a WHOLE NEW TERMINAL will open! So, it's not just "runway and signs", but it might be quite a bit of work.

However, we are rebuilding KORD from scratch, not because a new runway opened but, because the old scenery LOOKS OLD now so, it wasn't worth doing "just" a runway update, because it would still look old, since it was designed in 2008/2009, for FS9 and FSX.

We hope that, in 2020, we'll be able to release an update based on this new 2018 version.

simsuper80

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2018, 05:50:02 am »
so will this same development team basically "maintain" KORD as construction phases goes on?

Drumcode

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2018, 10:56:55 pm »
Is the taxi bridge over I-190 being modeled?

B777ER

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2018, 12:19:17 am »

Hahaha. Wow, just wow. Because you want to stick with a decade old piece of software and companies don't want to support it anymore (about time they dropped FSX development as that is useless junk now) you are going to give up flight simming instead of upgrading to P3D? You got issues.
Eric