Author Topic: O'Hare V2 - New features  (Read 113100 times)

drego22

Re: O'Hare V2 - New features
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2018, 11:33:26 pm »
Hello, do you all have an estimated time for release of KORD?
Andre Chambers

rjlfry

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2018, 11:37:17 pm »
I think some are missing the point as to why flight sim has moved to a 64bit platform, I don`t miss the VAS and OOM issues I can fly very high detailed aircraft and scenery and airports without problems, and when KORD is released,in FSX you would never get off he ground before VAS struck.
Ray Fry.

jwyman

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2018, 06:22:11 pm »
I think some are missing the point as to why flight sim has moved to a 64bit platform, I don`t miss the VAS and OOM issues I can fly very high detailed aircraft and scenery and airports without problems, and when KORD is released,in FSX you would never get off he ground before VAS struck.
Ray Fry.

I have absolutely no issues with VAS/OOMs with FSX. One thing you have to use is DX10 enabled and the DX10 Fixer program.. After that, i have had no issues. All my sliders are just about max'd out. I use all the ORBX/FTX products with many third party highly detailed sceneries/airports/etc.

Jim

fakeflyer737

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2018, 02:03:01 pm »
The problem with KORD from FSDT is that when you buy it will already be out of date essentially within a year.

new terminal, new rwy , new gates etc.

FSDT have said over and over again that they're not going to keep up with the construction of the airport.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2018, 08:38:07 pm »
The problem with KORD from FSDT is that when you buy it will already be out of date essentially within a year.

new terminal, new rwy , new gates etc.

FSDT have said over and over again that they're not going to keep up with the construction of the airport.

Your point?
Best regards, Anders

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2018, 10:15:42 am »
I have absolutely no issues with VAS/OOMs with FSX. One thing you have to use is DX10 enabled and the DX10 Fixer program.. After that, i have had no issues.

Maybe, with the things you have NOW. How much further you think you could go in the near future, with the things developers will release in the next years ? Do you expect the 300-400 MB you saved with DirectX 10 would last forever ?

The 4GB limit is an absolute one and we really cannot sustain any kind of business based on a 11 years old DEAD simulator, with no room to grow, and no support and being stuck with its limitations forever.

jwyman

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2018, 12:59:16 pm »
Missed my point..... ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2018, 04:15:48 pm »

Obviously not. But you seems to have missed mine. You said you don't have any crashes. Well, maybe you don't. NOW. But for how much longer ?

But again, that's really besides the point. The real point is, no major developer is still working with FSX, ESPECIALLY now that FSW is also dead and, there's even the concrete risk that even the regular FSX won't be on sale anymore. There are far less doubts now on which simulators are going to be used in the following years and sorry, FSX is not amongst them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2018, 04:20:09 pm »

That's not what we said, ever. Quoting from an earlier reply in this very thread:

We hope that, in 2020, we'll be able to release an update based on this new 2018 version.

2020 is the planned date for the NEXT big change.

I hope you were not suggesting we would have to wait until then, and release an updated based on the exiting version, which has been designed in 2008 and updated in 2011...

jwyman

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2018, 06:17:48 pm »

Obviously not. But you seems to have missed mine. You said you don't have any crashes. Well, maybe you don't. NOW. But for how much longer ?

But again, that's really besides the point. The real point is, no major developer is still working with FSX, ESPECIALLY now that FSW is also dead and, there's even the concrete risk that even the regular FSX won't be on sale anymore. There are far less doubts now on which simulators are going to be used in the following years and sorry, FSX is not amongst them.

The previous post from previous user stated all the issues he had with VAS/OOM issues and FSX. That's it...My point and only point was to say i didn't experience those with DX10 Fixer and DX10 enabled....That's all. I implied nothing further. But you and others keep pounding the dead FSX issue. I understand it's dead.. Has been for years.. Can't leave well enough alone....

rjlfry

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2018, 11:33:26 pm »
DX 10 fixer has no affect on the 4gb limit in the 32bit platform, running on a 64bit O/S the 32bit product is still limited to the 4gb limit, this also applies to your GPU memory so if you have a high end GPU with 8gb of memory only 4gb can be accessed, that`s why NVidia announced not long ago after this month they will no longer rollout optimised drivers for 32bit.

As for FSX it will still be used by some no doubt and DTG FSX:SE will be still available for the new first time simmers and will remain on steam for sale.

Ray Fry.         

Hnla

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2018, 05:03:18 am »
Lololol... this is just the 2007-2017 FSX VS FS9 Debate all over again!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2018, 10:29:52 am »
DTG FSX:SE will be still available for the new first time simmers and will remain on steam for sale.

Assuming DTG will survive, which I don't think is something to be taken as granted.

rjlfry

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2018, 11:42:03 am »
FSX has been unsupported by the developer for more than 10 years, and FSX:SE will likely be the same from now on.

Ray Fry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2018, 11:47:20 am »
FSX has been unsupported by the developer for more than 10 years, and FSX:SE will likely be the same from now on.

Which means, addons will get bigger and bigger, because they now have several other 64 bit sims to run happily under, but FSX will forever stay the same. The obvious consequence will be that, eventually, nothing will install into it without causing OOMs.