Author Topic: O'Hare V2 - New features  (Read 114125 times)

stevefocus

Re: O'Hare V2 - New features
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2019, 11:32:03 pm »
Reactions exactly as expected, always makes me laugh too. Did you start a survey to determine the opposite?

Announcing a product one and a half year ago and then getting pissed when customers friendly ask for an approximate release date is a no-go for me and certainly for some other people as well.

I apologize for having forced you to become personal, so let us stop this at this point.

Nope did not do a survey but then I was not the one who said most people have bought a competitors product. If I state something as fact then I’m normally prepared to back it up. How is you saying not to bother with release date as most customers have already bought DD friendly? Did you really think you would get a positive reply from your statement?

Kevin_28

« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2019, 08:10:30 pm »
Personally, I'm happy both DD and FSDT is taking on Chicago. I probably will end up getting both, and I am waiting patiently for FSDT to release their O'Hare V2. What I find a bit odd is that some people don't seem to notice that devs making a decision whether to make release date announcements or not is potentially a no-win scenario. Software deving is subject to all kinds of delays due to unforeseen issues or new platform releases, etc. I've seen devs that started off giving estimated release dates and, when they weren't able to meet that, they ended up getting heavily criticized and became the subject of ridicule. Due to their experience, they stopped giving estimates and people actually get upset when they don't. At least this way, there would be little expectation and they won't feel the need to rush just to meet a deadline. Just my personal opinion though.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2019, 10:12:11 pm »
I've seen devs that started off giving estimated release dates and, when they weren't able to meet that, they ended up getting heavily criticized and became the subject of ridicule. Due to their experience, they stopped giving estimates and people actually get upset when they don't. At least this way, there would be little expectation and they won't feel the need to rush just to meet a deadline.

Yes, some comments really don't make any sense. As if we ever sold anything under a pre-order or crowdfunding system. People don't realize that, a delay to make a product better, it's time ( = money ) WE are spending out of our pockets.

Or the ridiculous comments about DD supposedly "beating us" on KORD. That's laughable, considering we made KORD 10 years ago, and we expect the new one to stay on the market for several years and to be the definitive word on the airport so, releasing a few weeks later doesn't matter, when you KNOW you have the clearly superior product.

Of course, if WE were the ones *knowing* to have the lesser of two competing products,  we would have rushed it to release it before anybody else, to get at least some weeks of sales out of it. But, fortunately, we are not in that position. It might not happen in the next weeks or months, but I'm sure that everybody that bought the other KORD, will end up buying our version anyway, sooner or later.

The only thing I don't like of having two competing sceneries, is that someone might decide not to buy, for example, our Basel or Pittsburgh when they'll be out, because he might feel having spent too much to purchase two versions of KORD.

But I'm not worried about KORD itself. Not the slightest, because is so much better than anything else we ever did (it's the first scenery we are not constrained by FSX compatibility), that I'm sure it will be a most buy for everybody.

In the next weeks, we'll try to publish more regular updates. But understand that even doing videos or screenshots takes away time from doing...the actual scenery.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 10:27:11 pm by virtuali »

Raller

« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2019, 10:22:48 pm »
I'm absolutly with you. I am in the software business myself. But in life we have to have deadlines to get things done. Without a little kick in the butt, we would have been 10 years later on the moon.

I once told my wife "It's done when it's done". Not a good idea to increase the anticipation and to make it worth to wait. So lets see what happens when ever its done. Don't get me wrong, i'm still waiting...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 10:25:28 pm by Raller »

tangjuice81

« Reply #154 on: June 03, 2019, 05:49:26 pm »
I waiting patiently...As we have all seen the new version it is by far an "superior" product. Don't get me wrong. I have many of DD sceneries. Somethings he does great and others do better. So when it comes out be sure that many of us will buy it day one. Just like when KCLT came out that was a definite for me. FSDT do your thing. Hell take all the time you need.

Bigteeze

« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2019, 06:25:45 pm »
Are the green and yellow high speed exit lights being modeled?

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2019, 07:56:28 pm »
Yes sure

uriahms

« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2019, 03:54:01 pm »
I am so confused. I had purchased KORD 2011 version. On seeing there was a KORD V2 I went to purchase but through simmarket. I purchased an FSDT KORD v2 from Simmarket only to find out that not only was it not this version, but it was the same damn version I had already purchased although it said KORD V2 and was dated 2013. I wish FSDT would keep it's files clean even if it's through 3rd party sellers. I'm furious.

Uriah St Juste
FSXSE|i7-2600 @3.40GHz|16GB|GTX-1050Ti|Windows 10

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2019, 07:01:10 pm »
I purchased an FSDT KORD v2 from Simmarket only to find out that not only was it not this version, but it was the same damn version I had already purchased although it said KORD V2 and was dated 2013. I wish FSDT would keep it's files clean even if it's through 3rd party sellers. I'm furious.

Yes, V2 is present in the product name on Simmarket, because this was in the product name, until we announced the new version last year. V2 refers to the free update we made in 2011 to add new runways that appeared back then. So, for the precise reason of preventing such confusion, we renamed the current O'Hare as "Chicago O'Hare 2011" on our site, but the name on Simmarket remained the same.

However, the product name on Simmarket is NOT just "Chicago O'Hare V2" but:

"FSDREAMTEAM - CHICAGO O'HARE INTL V2 FSX P3D FS2004"

The FSX and FS2004 in the Product NAME should make it clear this couldn't possibly be the new version, since we confirmed so many times it won't be out for FSX and surely not for FS2004!

And, if the name wasn't enough, this line on Simmarket says:

"AVAILABLE SINCE: 10/04/2013"

Which is the date when we started selling on Simmarket so, clearly, it can only be the existing version. And of course, the product is not listed anywhere on OUR site, since it's not out yet. Not to mention the screenshots, which don't look at all like what we published here. It's clearly a 2011 scenery, even if it doesn't look that bad, considering the age. But it's nowhere similar to the video and the screenshots we posted about the new version.

I suggest asking Simmarket for a refund, we updated the description on Simmarket too, listing it as "Chicago O'Hare 2011", as it's referenced here.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 07:03:42 pm by virtuali »

uriahms

« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2019, 02:06:11 am »
I purchased an FSDT KORD v2 from Simmarket only to find out that not only was it not this version, but it was the same damn version I had already purchased although it said KORD V2 and was dated 2013. I wish FSDT would keep it's files clean even if it's through 3rd party sellers. I'm furious.

Yes, V2 is present in the product name on Simmarket, because this was in the product name, until we announced the new version last year. V2 refers to the free update we made in 2011 to add new runways that appeared back then. So, for the precise reason of preventing such confusion, we renamed the current O'Hare as "Chicago O'Hare 2011" on our site, but the name on Simmarket remained the same.

However, the product name on Simmarket is NOT just "Chicago O'Hare V2" but:

"FSDREAMTEAM - CHICAGO O'HARE INTL V2 FSX P3D FS2004"

The FSX and FS2004 in the Product NAME should make it clear this couldn't possibly be the new version, since we confirmed so many times it won't be out for FSX and surely not for FS2004!

And, if the name wasn't enough, this line on Simmarket says:

"AVAILABLE SINCE: 10/04/2013"

Which is the date when we started selling on Simmarket so, clearly, it can only be the existing version. And of course, the product is not listed anywhere on OUR site, since it's not out yet. Not to mention the screenshots, which don't look at all like what we published here. It's clearly a 2011 scenery, even if it doesn't look that bad, considering the age. But it's nowhere similar to the video and the screenshots we posted about the new version.

I suggest asking Simmarket for a refund, we updated the description on Simmarket too, listing it as "Chicago O'Hare 2011", as it's referenced here.

Thank you for your response. If I was confused before, I am even more confused now. You have a product that is already existing that has in its title KORD V2 and you advertise a new product which also has in its title KORD V2 and the only way customers can know they are not the same is by the dates and and by one having FSX and FS2004 in the title???? In any other world this would be misleading and false advertising. Just like your Hawaii scenery I recently purchased. You would think purchasing two volumes would cover the entire Hawaiian islands right. NO SORRY Honolulu sold separately. Ok so I also purchase Honolulu. Now I have the complete Hawaiian islands right? STILL NO! I only have LIHUE, HILO, KAHULUI, KONA and HONOLULU. I guess I should have read the fine print right? ALL I CAN SAY WITH FSDREAMTEAM IS BUYER BEWARE!!! You guys are certainly misleading in your product advertising.

Drumcode

« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2019, 03:26:24 pm »

Thank you for your response. If I was confused before, I am even more confused now. You have a product that is already existing that has in its title KORD V2 and you advertise a new product which also has in its title KORD V2 and the only way customers can know they are not the same is by the dates and and by one having FSX and FS2004 in the title???? In any other world this would be misleading and false advertising. Just like your Hawaii scenery I recently purchased. You would think purchasing two volumes would cover the entire Hawaiian islands right. NO SORRY Honolulu sold separately. Ok so I also purchase Honolulu. Now I have the complete Hawaiian islands right? STILL NO! I only have LIHUE, HILO, KAHULUI, KONA and HONOLULU. I guess I should have read the fine print right? ALL I CAN SAY WITH FSDREAMTEAM IS BUYER BEWARE!!! You guys are certainly misleading in your product advertising.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to visually recognize that the product is outdated in quality. The use of common sense is also strongly advised or some prior research.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2019, 11:22:21 pm »
Thank you for your response. If I was confused before, I am even more confused now.

It was clear you were confused before, but I cannot really understand how you could possibly still be confused after my explanation, which was quite clear.

You have a product that is already existing that has in its title KORD V2 and you advertise a new product which also has in its title KORD V2 and the only way customers can know they are not the same is by the dates and and by one having FSX and FS2004 in the title????

As I've said, that title is no longer like that on OUR site. You should always reference to our site for the most updated information. Which of course what you are always supposed to do anyway, since our products a AVAILABLE IN TRIAL VERSION, and you are normally supposed to install them BEFORE purchasing.

In any other world this would be misleading and false advertising

Wrong on so many accounts because:

- The description on our site has been changed as soon we announced the new O'Hare

- The SAME title you read on Simmarket contained the FS2004/FSX words as well, while the new version was clearly indicated to be for P3D4 only.

- The description on Simmarket also has a release date of 2013

- Again, we have everything in TRIAL version so, if you had some doubts, you could have simply downloaded the installer here before purchasing (and Simmarket CLEARLY indicates that as well), and would realize it was the same version you already own

- The screenshot are clearly of something from years ago

. Just like your Hawaii scenery I recently purchased. You would think purchasing two volumes would cover the entire Hawaiian islands right. NO SORRY Honolulu sold separately. Ok so I also purchase Honolulu. Now I have the complete Hawaiian islands right? STILL NO! I only have LIHUE, HILO, KAHULUI, KONA and HONOLULU. I guess I should have read the fine print right?

This is really ridiculous. Please stop, because you are embarrassing yourself. Are you trying to say it's difficult to know from the description which airports are included in each of the 3 Hawaiian products, ON A PRODUCT SOLD IN TRIAL VERSION ?

You might say the cost is too much for you for 3 products and 5 airports but, are you also forgetting there's a 40% discount if you bought them all together ? So, if you think 43$ is too much for 5 airports, then JUST DON'T BUY, but you can't say it's "misleading", because it obviously isn't.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 11:27:11 pm by virtuali »

uriahms

« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2019, 02:35:59 am »
There it is folks. There is customer service for you at FSDREAMTEAM!!!! When I'm sitting there at there at the airport at Molokai ready to do a flight to Honolulu and I say to myself fuck this default scenery and I google f"fsx payware hawaii" and FSDREAMTEAM comes out on top and I rush to YOUR website and see "HAWAII" not fucking individual airport names but HAWAII VOLUME 1 and HAWAII volume II and I figure to myself I want all the Hawaii airports so this must be what I want a complete Hawaii set so I quickly purchase because my airplane is sitting there on the ramp waiting to takeoff, only to find out it's just 4 airports and doesn't even include the main Hawaii airport Honolulu which I have to purchase separately and the only way I can know it only contains 4 airports and no Honolulu is to read the description then yes that is fucking misleading. "JUST DON'T BUY" you heard it yourself from FSDREAMTEAM themselves. "JUST DON"T BUY" Thanks for the sound advice. I'll take it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:36:06 am by virtuali »

Beat578

« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2019, 07:44:26 am »
There it is folks. There is customer service for you at FSDREAMTEAM!!!! When I'm sitting there at there at the airport at Molokai ready to do a flight to Honolulu and I say to myself fuck this default scenery and I google f"fsx payware hawaii" and FSDREAMTEAM comes out on top and I rush to YOUR website and see "HAWAII" not fucking individual airport names but HAWAII VOLUME 1 and HAWAII volume II and I figure to myself I want all the Hawaii airports so this must be what I want a complete Hawaii set so I quickly purchase because my airplane is sitting there on the ramp waiting to takeoff, only to find out it's just 4 airports and doesn't even include the main Hawaii airport Honolulu which I have to purchase separately and the only way I can know it only contains 4 airports and no Honolulu is to read the description then yes that is fucking misleading. "JUST DON'T BUY" you heard it yourself from FSDREAMTEAM themselves. "JUST DON"T BUY" Thanks for the sound advice. I'll take it.

Sorry but that is just ridiculous. If you decide to buy an add on for your simulator, you just don't see a name and click and buy. If you do, you can not blame the seller for your behaviour. Take Simmarket: You have a complete description of what is included and you have pictures of all airports included in the sets. If you rush into buying something just because of it's name, then it's just your fault, no one elses. Especially if the seller offers trial versions for every product.
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2019, 11:39:44 am »

Well, the friendly customer service at Fsdreamteam, has decided to ban you permanently from the forum, due to your inability to express in a civil matter, without swearing. Since you don't obviously read the product descriptions, I'm sure you haven't read the agreement when you registered to this forum, which clearly indicates that foul language is not tolerated here.