Author Topic: Chicago O'Hare V2 first preview video  (Read 30495 times)

StarBlue

Re: Chicago O'Hare V2 first preview video
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2018, 01:16:14 am »
Umberto,

Just when I even started to entertain going Drzeweicki and their upcoming Chicago, I see this and say no way, I'll got FSDT.  I am very impressed on the effects (reflections and info boards) and the over all look.  I have always figured that KORD is like KJFK and KSFO, heavy killers of fps.  If this has even remotely decent fps, it will be a very welcome update.  I am really hoping 2018 release, but I know it will be released once it is perfected.  Thanks for sharing the video, really want it day one now. :)

Jhan
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 01:18:42 am by StarBlue »
Jhan M. Jensen
KSLC/KOGD/KHIF

somiller

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2018, 01:52:14 am »
Day 1 purchase. Can't wait to update my OLD ORD (FSDT).

It looks spectacular, Umberto.

Steven Miller

simsuper80

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2018, 02:51:27 am »
its not like they have to completely redo the whole airport over and over again every time something changes would they?

I remember when they added another runway in the 2.0 release. (and also adding the new terminal in vegas recently)

aal763

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2018, 03:00:25 am »
its not like they have to completely redo the whole airport over and over again every time something changes would they?

I remember when they added another runway in the 2.0 release. (and also adding the new terminal in vegas recently)

Unfortunately, with the changes coming to Chicago over the next 8 years, it'd be easier just to start the whole thing over again when the time comes.  They're adding 2 new western island concourses, demolishing T2 and putting a new Global Intl. Terminal in it's place.  The city is also promising "major architectural upgrades" to the existing T1, T3, and T5.  They're also remodeling the airport Hilton, building 2 new large hotels on the airport property, a gigantic new multi-model facility (this facility might actually make it into this version though, I hope, and they've still got another runway to finish building.  After all of that, the airport is going to remove a few crosswind runways.  The plan is for all of this to be complete in 2026.  The city finally is moving forward with all of this.

simsuper80

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 03:12:31 am »

Unfortunately, with the changes coming to Chicago over the next 8 years, it'd be easier just to start the whole thing over again when the time comes.  They're adding 2 new western island concourses, demolishing T2 and putting a new Global Intl. Terminal in it's place.  The city is also promising "major architectural upgrades" to the existing T1, T3, and T5.  They're also remodeling the airport Hilton, building 2 new large hotels on the airport property, a gigantic new multi-model facility (this facility might actually make it into this version though, I hope, and they've still got another runway to finish building.  After all of that, the airport is going to remove a few crosswind runways.  The plan is for all of this to be complete in 2026.  The city finally is moving forward with all of this.

well fsdreamteam better get started then!

but wow, I had known it was changing, but I had no idea it was that extensive.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 04:19:28 am by simsuper80 »

aal763

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 03:32:21 am »
Oh, and I forgot the largest rental car garage in the World is in the process of being built.  Will be amazing to see it all in 8 years

Hnla

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 05:26:28 am »

What is FSDT supposed to do? Everyone has been whining about KORD for the past year and now its happening and now people are saying to stop it???

aal763

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 05:48:37 am »

What is FSDT supposed to do? Everyone has been whining about KORD for the past year and now its happening and now people are saying to stop it???

We're not saying they have to stop it.  I'm just as excited about it as anyone.  It will be representative of the airport in it's present state, which is awesome.  All we're saying, is that with the new announcement from the CDA this last week, the airport will be going through another transformative round of changes over the next 8 years.  As Umberto said above, it is a running joke at FSDT, that they'll have to remake ORD over and over again well into their retirement years. 

natbrain

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 10:46:06 pm »
we'll probably have to redo...KLAX

Not sure what the ORD team is doing after release but a P3Dv4 version of JFK is probably long overdue as well.

I think a remake of LAX should be done. After all, LAX was released before the new TBIT was actually finished, but now that it is, a more accurate rendition can be done. Many of the terminals have been renovated, and the taxiways have been changed since.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:48:12 pm by natbrain »

Anders Bermann

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 06:53:28 am »
we'll probably have to redo...KLAX

Not sure what the ORD team is doing after release but a P3Dv4 version of JFK is probably long overdue as well.

I think a remake of LAX should be done. After all, LAX was released before the new TBIT was actually finished, but now that it is, a more accurate rendition can be done. Many of the terminals have been renovated, and the taxiways have been changed since.

A new LAX for Prepar3D V4 exclusively (like the new Chicago ORD), with all the new features, SODE integration etc utilizing the complete P3Dv4 SDK.

+1 for that one.
Best regards, Anders

MPII

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2018, 01:52:29 pm »
Great work as always FSDT!  All your North American airports are instant purchase for me. 

Happy to see the community continue to recognize that some of the issues some trolled about a year+ ago were FSX related.

Quality design, prompt (for years now) customer support, free upgrades across platforms, very reasonable pricing, live update, constant improvement and new airports added, and now new P3Dv4 design with innovative firsts that produce eye candy and further immersion (not just eye candy that kills the FPS). 

Keep it up.  Looking forward to the next gen of FSDT P3Dv4 remakes, and new destinations (KPIT etc.). 

It's obvious why LM partnered with FSDT and some of the other top end developers as were developing and improving v4.  I'm happy they did.

MPII

storemaster

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 06:39:22 am »
Top job!!! Eagerly looking forward to this scenery

jeremydcarlisle

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 11:45:17 pm »
I do feel bad though, that you'll more than likely have to remake O'hare yet again in another 8 years, as the terminal construction is just beginning and is scheduled to be complete by then.  

Yes, there's an ongoing internal joke at FSDT: we'll probably have to redo O'Hare, JFK and KLAX, over and over, well into our age of retirement...

Yes, because most simmers, such as myself, are purists and real life airports sometimes update more than AIRAC cycles.  The reality is, anything is better than the default airports on FSX and appreciate what airport developers across the world have done and the time it takes to have developed and maintained a quality product for each enhanced add-on. I am not a developer but I can imagine the complexities entailed in such projects.

Thank you very much for the Chicago update along with your time and talent it took for this and all of your projects.  My challenge to developers all around is: which one will be the first to go across the lake and develop Gerald R. Ford Int'l Airport in Grand Rapids, Michigan (GRR / KGRR)?  Until then, I will see everyone in the new up and coming, Chicago V2 and in virtual international airspace.  8)

Cheers,

Jeremy D. Carlisle

767 Pilot

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2018, 10:28:41 pm »
In the video it said reporting weather on the gate screens....is that to date weather or just default repeater???

Doug

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2018, 09:08:30 am »
In the video it said reporting weather on the gate screens....is that to date weather or just default repeater???

Not sure what do you mean with "just default repeater" ? The panels will show the ambient temperature and pressure taken from the sim so, they will be the ones actually in use.