Author Topic: JFK v1 for p3d v4  (Read 4877 times)

DJJose

JFK v1 for p3d v4
« on: March 03, 2018, 12:57:45 pm »
Is there an update for v1?

After trying other versions, v1 is still my favorite rendition of JFK.

Thanks.
Jose

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK v1 for p3d v4
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 12:59:57 pm »
V1 won't be updated. V2 it's so much better, with no FS8 code, faster fps and some 3d taxiways.

DJJose

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 02:02:33 pm »
V1 won't be updated. V2 it's so much better, with no FS8 code, faster fps and some 3d taxiways.
Thanks for the prompt response.

I paid $36 for JFK v1 and I do NOT intend to pay extra for an upgrade that using my eye test is inferior. That doesn't mean that it's not better, just that it doesn't look as  good to me.

Chicago, that's a different story. The new video for p3d v4 looks amazing!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 02:41:06 pm »
I paid $36 for JFK v1 and I do NOT intend to pay extra for an upgrade that using my eye test is inferior.

The upgrade price is *very* favorable, way cheaper than any upgrade from any other developer ( 60% discount ), and it's not possible JFK V2 would look inferior, since it uses exactly the same textures as JFK V1, just remade with faster FSX code instead of FS8 code and with LESS 4K textures instead of MANY 1K textures, which result in faster fps, at the SAME resolution.

So, you seeing a lower resolution, it's because your textures are not set at 4K resolution.

DJJose

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 02:54:14 pm »
OK.

I downloaded v2 to see how it looks in P3d V4.2

I loaded from KLGA and KJFK v2 was not loaded yet. Is this because it's a demo or is this normal for this airport? We are now simming in 64bit. I thought this was a thing of the past.

After it loaded it looked good and performance is acceptable.

Jose

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 01:25:29 pm »
loaded from KLGA and KJFK v2 was not loaded yet. Is this because it's a demo or is this normal for this airport? We are now simming in 64bit. I thought this was a thing of the past.

This is obviously intentional, and surely not a bug. While in 32 bit, this was made to save you from BOTH an fps collapse AND an OOM, just because you will not risk OOMs anymore, doesn't mean your fps will not collapse, if we did the mistake of allowing to load KJFK when you are on KLGA, with the whole of the city in the background.

If anything, now that OOMs are not a problem anymore, we should be even more careful of fps than ever.

DJJose

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 05:26:46 pm »
loaded from KLGA and KJFK v2 was not loaded yet. Is this because it's a demo or is this normal for this airport? We are now simming in 64bit. I thought this was a thing of the past.

This is obviously intentional, and surely not a bug. While in 32 bit, this was made to save you from BOTH an fps collapse AND an OOM, just because you will not risk OOMs anymore, doesn't mean your fps will not collapse, if we did the mistake of allowing to load KJFK when you are on KLGA, with the whole of the city in the background.

If anything, now that OOMs are not a problem anymore, we should be even more careful of fps than ever.
Umberto,

My FPS are not an issue at all. I have the payware versions of DD NYC v2 with KLGA, KEWR, KTEB enabled and I even have Manhattan X and I can't believe that I'm still in the low 20s. Without the add-ons (only FSDT KJFK v2) I'm in the high 20s. The default city is hard on fps and it's incredible that the fps are still good despite all the add-ons enabled.

Your KJFK v2 is a much better performer than DDs and I love how it smoothly loads. I'm sticking with KJFK v2.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 11:15:04 am »
My FPS are not an issue at all. I have the payware versions of DD NYC v2 with KLGA, KEWR, KTEB enabled and I even have Manhattan X and I can't believe that I'm still in the low 20s. Without the add-ons (only FSDT KJFK v2) I'm in the high 20s. The default city is hard on fps and it's incredible that the fps are still good despite all the add-ons enabled.

Well, we clearly have a different concept of what good fps are. I personally consider anything below 30 to be basically unusable, and I'm not scared of turning down settings in order to reach that absolute minimum target.