Author Topic: LSGG textures resizer - will help against stuttering  (Read 31176 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
LSGG textures resizer - will help against stuttering
« on: April 20, 2009, 04:14:14 pm »
Here's a batch file that will resize all the biggest textures at LSGG to 512x512 instead of the default 1024x1024, that should improve the stuttering, because VRAM memory requirements are now 4x less

Unzip the file in the following folder

fs9\fsdreamteam\lsgg\texture

And run the resize.bat program. At the end of the process, you'll see that all the 1MB textures are now about 300K each. If you want to go back to the original hires textures, just reinstall the scenery.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:00:02 pm by virtuali »

JamesChams

Re: LSGG textures resizer - will help against stuttering
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 08:41:37 pm »
Virtuali,

RE: "stuttering"

Is this an FS9 texture size/resolution or hardware issue?
I ask because I've read in some places (maybe on the Avsim site) that FSX users were having it as well with some high-end systems; not sure but, I certainly have NEVER had this issue with your FSX sceneries at all.  However, I've never tried them in FS9 either.

:-\
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:11:43 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:17:47 pm »
I certainly have NEVER had this issue with your FSX sceneries at all.  However, I've never tried them in FS9 either.

This purely an FS9 issue. Our sceneries have simply grown too big in texture size, and the FS9 engine is not able to load texture on the background using free cpu power from multi-core machines, and the result is that, when the scenery requests a large quantity of textures to be loaded, the sim makes a small pause, because everything is handled by the same core.

FSX is not affected by this problem because, starting with SP1, the texture loading mechanism (not just the initial loading progress bar) uses multi-core so, it's much more difficult to stall the simulation.

rockingjohncarter

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 08:18:05 am »
I like your post dear.