Author Topic: Couatl restarting everytime **P3D bug**  (Read 3458 times)

RaphaToste

Couatl restarting everytime **P3D bug**
« on: February 21, 2018, 06:12:22 pm »
Hello everyone,

I'm facing this problem.

The log I've got is this one:

File ".\common\youcontrol.py", line 210, in show
IndexError: list index out of range
{'Airport': 'EKCH', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate B 7', 'User Pos': (55.62698391320657, 12.645870209268628, 7.64491 m, 2.46391 m, 281.92785427009824)}

Anyone can help?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 06:27:06 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl restarting everytime
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 06:26:46 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's a known P3D bug, which always respond to all numeric keys from 1 to 0, even if the menu has less entries, and this will cause similar issue with any application with a menu, because the normal behavior should be that, if a menu contains only (for example) 3 entries, the keys from 4 to 0 shouldn't be active.

So, if you have pressed the key, just be sure you don't select a number higher than the maximum number of choices available.

if, instead, the error happens even if you haven't pressed the menu, than it's another issue, and it's caused by another application that has sent a numeric key for any reason and, there's another P3D bug, which is also confirmed, that if a numeric key press is being sent, the NEXT time you'll open a menu, it will get that key press automatically. This, combined with bug #1, will cause the error.

To fix this, be sure that no addon has been assigned the numeric keys from 1 to 0 on the main keyboard.

RaphaToste

Re: Couatl restarting everytime **P3D bug**
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 06:29:57 pm »
Umberto,

Thanks, so it's my Chase Plane, I will change the keys for it.

Regards,

dreampilot

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 11:11:15 pm »
Hi Umberto,

is that P3D bug a new one? I only see this after the latest update to V4.2. This is a big mess for my setup as I use my keyboard (including numeric keys) as a kind of cheapo Flight Control Unit in combination with FSUIPC.

Are there any known workarounds for this? If the GSX menu was only mouse controlled (as an option), would that prevent the error? I know it is not your fault...

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 11:02:00 am »
is that P3D bug a new one?

Yes, it appeared in 4.2.

Are there any known workarounds for this? If the GSX menu was only mouse controlled (as an option), would that prevent the error? I know it is not your fault...

The issue is not how you control the GSX menu: you can still use the keyboard for it, if you like. But it's important that no other application (or you) will use the keys from 1 to 0 because, if they do, the *next* time you open any Simconnect addon with a menu (GSX, SODE, FS Passengers, etc.), that last number pressed in the other app, will be sent to the menu.

Note that, this is really two bugs combined: the other bug, is that even if the menu has only, let's say, 3 entries, the normal behavior was that only keys from 1-3 would be active with the menu opened so, there wasn't any need for an application to check anything, since it wasn't possible to receive a "4" from a menu with just 3 entries. Now, they keys from 1 to 0 are all always active, which will create issues to all existing apps.

So, they only temporary workaround possible right now, is to be sure *nothing* is assigned to the numeric keys. And, be careful not to press them when using the sim.

dreampilot

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 07:29:00 pm »
Thanks Umberto, all understood. I hope the next P3D update fixes this.