Author Topic: No Buildings with PMDG **SOLVED**  (Read 17799 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Buildings with PMDG
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2018, 09:22:28 pm »
Your description seems consistent with a problem of the antivirus, that has blocked the program after the 1st run. Reinstall with the antivirus disabled, and configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

Another possible issue, is that your or some of your addons are mistakenly set FSX to run in one of the Compatibility modes, like XP or Windows 7/8 mode under Windows 10. And this is wrong, and will reduce performances.

Our installer will automatically remove that setting, which might explain why the program starts on the first run after running our installer, but as soon the wrong compatibility setting is restored, it won't on the next run. Sometimes, Windows itself set a Compatibility mode, because some program (likely another addon), crashed the sim, so Windows thought a Compatibility mode is required, but it wasn't, it was just a bugged program that crashed.

Either this, or the antivirus issue, are the only reasons I can think of which are compatible with your report.

If this is not the case, have you tried restarting Windows after start of the sim once ? Does it work then ?

Hal

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2018, 09:56:09 pm »
My anti virus is set to exclude the entire addon manager folder. Unfortunately  restarting windows does not fix it. I'm going to explore the compatibility issue. I'm hopefull!  Thank your again for your time and expertise.

Hal

Hal

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2018, 02:44:17 pm »
Unfortunately, I couldn't find any sign that a file was being run in compatibility mode.

Hal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2018, 08:15:00 am »
It might be a problem with your VC++ runtime libraries. Try the solution discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17170.msg122193.html#msg122193

Hal

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2018, 06:13:07 pm »
Every time I do an FSDT airport reinstall it also installs C++ 2013 redistributable (x86) 12.0.30501 and C++2015 redistributable (x86) 14.0.24212. Are these the two required by FSDT? Do other programs use them?  I also tried another experiment. I reinstalled PHNL on top an existing install of PHNL but I disconnected the Internet. I wanted to see if this partial reinstall would allow the airport buildings to load. It did. So, whatever part of a fresh reinstall that allows the buildings to load it is not any file coming from an internet download during the reinstall. Does this tell us anything?
Hal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2018, 12:58:32 pm »
Every time I do an FSDT airport reinstall it also installs C++ 2013 redistributable (x86) 12.0.30501 and C++2015 redistributable (x86) 14.0.24212.  Are these the two required by FSDT?

Yes, of course they are both required. Why we would install them otherwise ? However, we just launch the official MS installer but, that doesn't guarantee that it will automatically FIX issues with them.

If you have a problem with your existing installation of the runtimes, but they are registered as installed, the installer we launch will just skip everything and proceed. Which is why, I told you  it's possible you might have to Uninstall them all first, then reinstall them.

So, whatever part of a fresh reinstall that allows the buildings to load it is not any file coming from an internet download during the reinstall. Does this tell us anything?

It seems to indicate the version of the VC++ runtime which was required by an older version of our software, is the one that works on your system, and the one required by the newest one it's not.

Again, try to uninstall both the 2013 and 2015 versions ( BOTH 64 and 32 bit ), then download them again ( 32 and 64 bit ) and reinstall them both. And restart Windows after reinstalling.

Hal

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2018, 01:48:47 pm »
Can you tell me where the C++ redistributable (x86) files are located and any tips on uninstalling and reinstalling? I'm always a little uneasy in touching Windows files due to "unintended consequences and my own insufficient knowledge. I run Windows 10.

Hal

Hal

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2018, 12:49:31 am »
Forget my rather  muddled previous reply. I uninstalled the two C++ redistributables and let the FSDT installers reinstall them.  Unfortunately it didn't help.

Hal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2018, 09:37:16 am »
Forget my rather  muddled previous reply. I uninstalled the two C++ redistributables and let the FSDT installers reinstall them.

I said to install all FOUR redistributables (2013 and 2015, 32 and 64 bit version of each), and then download and install all the latest FOUR installers from the Microsoft web page, and restart Windows before starting the sim again.

There is a reason for this (otherwise I would just said "reinstall GSX"). If the version you had installed before, which is having problems now, was *newer* than the one that comes with GSX, the MS installer GSX installs would simply skip its step without doing anything, so it would be useless.

That's why you must use the very latest downloads on the Microsoft site, after uninstalling *all* versions of *both* runtimes first.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:39:08 am by virtuali »

Hal

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2018, 04:05:28 pm »
OK, but I need some help (I apologize for my ignorance). I can't seem to find the correct Microsoft site for the latest versions. Also, I know the 32-bit version numbers; what are the 64-bit numbers to uninstall?

Hal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2018, 01:16:51 pm »
OK, but I need some help (I apologize for my ignorance). I can't seem to find the correct Microsoft site for the latest versions. Also, I know the 32-bit version numbers; what are the 64-bit numbers to uninstall?

The 64 bit versions includes x64 in the name, and the 32 bit versions include x86 in the name.

Hal

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2018, 05:03:40 pm »
I see the 32 bit versions C++ 2013 redistributable (x86) 12.0.30501 and C++2015 redistributable (x86) 14.0.24212 in the program list (control Panel).  I do not see any 64bit versions with the same string of numbers at the end i.e. 12.0.30501 and 14.0.24212.

Hal

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2018, 10:47:11 pm »
OK, I did a little research and learned how to uninstall and install the redistributables. I uninstalled the 2013 and 2015 32-bit programs (there weren't any 64-bit versions). I then downloaded the 2013 and 2015 versions from the Microsoft  site ( 32-bit and 64-bit) and installed all four.  I then restarted the pc, installed an FSDT airport (PHNL). It didn't help.

Hal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2018, 11:54:47 am »
I then restarted the pc, installed an FSDT airport (PHNL). It didn't help.

It's possible the missing .DLLs are related to Simconnect and, in that case, there's a dependency from the 2005 version of the runtimes. Try doing the same with the 2005 runtimes too:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638

Hal

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2018, 12:51:19 am »
OK, I'm holding my breath, but it looks like this solved it!  Thank you so much for your help and patience, you really hung in there!! What do you think suddenly happened that would have caused this?

Hal