Author Topic: No Buildings with PMDG **SOLVED**  (Read 17796 times)

Hal

No Buildings with PMDG **SOLVED**
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:48:37 pm »
A few days ago I ran the FSDT live update. Since then, I no longer get buildings at any FSDT airport if I load the PMDG 737ngx or the PMDG 777. If I load a default aircraft, no problem. I had used KIAH with the 737ngx with no problem shortly before I ran the update so there "seems" to be a connection. I have 15 of your airports.

Hal watkins
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:54:36 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Buildings with PMDG
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 09:52:16 pm »
I cannot see why the Live Update could have anything to do with the PMDG 777. I don't have the 737, but I have both the 777 and the 747, and they both works normally.

Do you still have the Couatl/GSX menu after you load a PMDG airplane ?

Hal

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 06:21:40 pm »
Yes I still have the menu. I have clicked on "restart coulatl" and "restart couatl and rebuild airport cache" with no affect. BTW my Flightbeam airports that use the couatl engine are not affected.

Hal

Hal

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 12:06:35 am »
Laying aside whether the problem is caused by running updater (I may be wrong!), what could cause buildings present with default aircraft, not present with PMDG?

Hal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 10:45:07 am »
Laying aside whether the problem is caused by running updater (I may be wrong!), what could cause buildings present with default aircraft, not present with PMDG?

Nothing, especially considering your Flightbeam sceneries that use Couatl works (in addition to the fact I cannot replicate it, my PMDG planes works fine). Are the FSDT sceneries reported to be installed in the Addon Manager ?

Hal

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 02:02:25 pm »
The FSDT sceneries are in \FSX\FSDREAMTEAM\ADDON MANAGER\FSDREAMTEAM the same place they were when they were working. Maybe if you could explain to me how couatl works in regards to the buildings appearing I can explore some things on my own.  I appreciate your help.  I love your airports, but since I only fly PMDG I have 15 airports I can't use.

hal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 03:58:09 pm »
The FSDT sceneries are in \FSX\FSDREAMTEAM\ADDON MANAGER\FSDREAMTEAM the same place they were when they were working.

Which is not a very good place to choose for the installation. The installer now allows you to install OUTSIDE the sim, and it defaults to a folder outside so, now that you are been given a chance to do that, it's suggested you take it. Being installed outside the sim will make the installation less affected by possible permission issues or interference from other addon.

Could you please reply to my last question ? Are the FSDT sceneries reported to be installed in the Addon Manager ? I'm not asking where they have been installed, I'm asking if the Addon Manager itself is reporting the sceneries to be installed, which means they have been found in the scenery library.

Hal

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 04:27:09 pm »
Yes the addon manager shows them as installed and active.

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall outside the sim. Do you have any tips to make sure I get a complete uninstall?  Thank you.
Hal

Hal

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 05:57:26 pm »
UPDATE: I realized that GSX was no longer installed (how that happened I don't know, I use the demo version with owned airports). So I downloaded and reinstalled GSX and now everything (at least the 2 airports I tested) seems to be working. The exception is KIAH. Yesterday, I downloaded and reinstalled KIAH to see if that would help (it didn't), now KIAH is the only airport that doesn't work with PMDG.

Hal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 06:31:27 pm »
The exception is KIAH. Yesterday, I downloaded and reinstalled KIAH to see if that would help (it didn't), now KIAH is the only airport that doesn't work with PMDG.

KIAH (and KMEM, KSDF and KCLT), all require GSX to work, so if you didn't install GSX, it's entirely normal it wouldn't work before.

But there are no reasons why it wouldn't work with a PMDG plane (again, I only tried the 777 and the 747, and it works normally), and it will surely work if the Addon Manager is reporting it to be active, and GSX is installed.

Hal

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 07:40:09 pm »
OK. Since I reinstalled GSX all the airports seem to be working except KIAH. So I downloaded and reinstalled KIAH. It didn't work, GSX still does not appear on the Addon Menu when I'm in KIAH (it does on the other airports). How can I get GSX to work in KIAH which seems to be the key.

hal

Hal

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 09:13:36 pm »
I spoke too soon.  After reinstalling GSX and going to an airport it works with PMDG just fine. But if I logoff of FSX and later come back to that same airport GSX is no longer on the addon menu and no buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 09:34:56 pm »
I spoke too soon.  After reinstalling GSX and going to an airport it works with PMDG just fine.

I was sure of it...

But if I logoff of FSX and later come back to that same airport GSX is no longer on the addon menu and no buildings.

How much "later" ? Sometimes, if you exit from the sim and restart it too quickly, it might not be able to close all files and give all started application enough time to close them correctly, which will result in GSX not starting because the previous session was closed to quickly.

Try after a Windows restart, and be sure you give enough time for FSX to close down before starting it again.

Hal

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 10:37:00 pm »
I reinstalled GSX, opened PHNL (just a random pick) loaded my PMDG 737ngx and there were buildings.  I exited FSX waited 10 minutes, restarted Windows and went back into FSX, PHNL. No buildings.

Hal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 11:55:32 pm »
I reinstalled GSX, opened PHNL (just a random pick) loaded my PMDG 737ngx and there were buildings.  I exited FSX waited 10 minutes, restarted Windows and went back into FSX, PHNL. No buildings.

Does it happen if you do the same with another airplane ?