Author Topic: Loading Times For GSX?  (Read 1604 times)

Dougal

Loading Times For GSX?
« on: February 18, 2018, 02:56:24 pm »
I recently purchased GSX and I’m really liking and enjoying it so far – great work!

However, the loading time for my sim (P3Dv4.2) has massively increased after installing GSX.  The time added seems to be for ‘Adjusting Scenery Objects’ according the onscreen message.
Is this normal?
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Loading Times For GSX?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 01:40:40 pm »
You should expect *some* startup slowdown, because GSX added a lot of new objects to the sim so, even if they are not loaded, and are not affecting performances when not on screen, the sim it's aware of their existence. It's the same as installing an AI traffic package.

However, the increase should be very noticeable and, in fact, I cannot even see the "Adjusting Scenery Objects" message. Maybe it appears, but I just cannot see it. Are you using an SSD to load the sim ? Have installed the Addon Manager on an SSD drive ?

Try to configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning, this could also affect the loading times.

Dougal

Re: Loading Times For GSX?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 02:32:27 pm »
Hi Umberto
I have all FS software on its own separate SSD. Windows installed to separate M.2 drive, so even if I missed one it would install there.
Very strange - maybe i've got something going on too.
At the moment, the only FSDT addon is GSX and Addon Manager, so will remove them and see if issue goes away.....