Author Topic: Not Installed in the Scenery Library **SOLVED**  (Read 3967 times)

F4RIO

Not Installed in the Scenery Library **SOLVED**
« on: February 17, 2018, 05:04:42 am »
I am using FSX-Steam and Windows 10.

According to WIN10, the following FSDT airports are installed. The first 3 have been purchased. KORD has not (yet)

KCLT (1.0.2)
KDFW (2.3.1)
KSDF (1.0.0)
KORD (2.5.0.3)

According to the Addon Manager (4.0.0.8),

KCLT Active and Installed
KDFW Active but not installed to the Scenery Library
KSDF  Active but not installed to the Scenery Library
KORD  Not installed to the Scenery Library

On the FSX Settings Scenery Library under the Scenery area list, only FsDreamTeam KCLT appears, and apparently is the only one of the four functioning.

Clearly FSDT scenery can work on my system, but I must be doing something wrong, probably with the installation.

I noticed that when I installed KORD today, there were two options pre-selected, one of which said something about FSX-Steam standalone. Anyway, I left both selections checked and proceeded with the install.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:45:36 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Not Installed in the Scenery Library
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:08:44 pm »
Try to uninstall everything, and reinstall everything, using ONLY the current version of our installers.

F4RIO

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 06:05:29 pm »
I did as you suggested, uninstalling all for FSDT airports and the Addon Manager.

I then reinstalled KCLT. I opened FSX-Steam. The Addon manager was absent (I thought it would be installed as part of the KCLT install) and KCLT was not on the FSX scenery list.

I have downloaded the Addon manager and when I ran the installation program, the first thing that happened was the following diaglog box

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H8MgXaK7eCQYSgjoYzXvPwoEzriHzdHY

(Apologies; I tried using the Insert Image button but the image does not appear; the link does work, however)

Before I proceed further and cause more problems, could you explain what the two selected options mean and which I should use. Again, I am running FSX-Steam.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 01:22:13 pm »
Before I proceed further and cause more problems, could you explain what the two selected options mean and which I should use. Again, I am running FSX-Steam.

If the page looks like that, it shows you have your FSX registry keys messed up, which is likely the real cause of the problem, because the installer is being fooled into thinking that FSX is installed BOTH in "stand-alone" mode, AND in "side-by-side" mode.

This problem it's usually caused because you probably installed FSX:SE when you HAD the regular FSX, then you uninstalled FSX, and this is wrong, because FSX:SE is still set with the registry keys to be in side-by-side mode.

The proper way to remove FSX after FSX:SE was installed together with it is as follows:

- Uninstall FSX

- Uninstall FSX:SE

- Reinstall FSX:SE and run it at least once, so the Steam interface can set the registry keys properly to have it reconfigured in single-mode, removing every trace of the previous dual installation.

You might try to just to the last two steps (Uninstall and Reinstall FSX:SE and run it ONCE), and see if the installation is now correctly showing just FSX:SE installed in stand-alone mode.

F4RIO

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 09:01:21 pm »
So I uninstalled the scenery and addon manager and then reinstalled, leaving both check boxes (side-by-side and standalone )selected.

Haven't tried KORD yet, but the other three are working as is the addon manager, so that did the trick.

Thank you for taking the time to write the explanation about the FSX side-by-side and standalone modes. Very helpful. I'm having difficulty installing another addon (not an FSDT product) and I think its because of the same issue. Would love to try the procedure you suggest, but it would take a lot of time to deal with an FSX reinstall.

I'm planning at some point to do a clean Windows 10 reinstall so as to clean up various issues, but it all works for now.