Author Topic: JFK, KLAX and Zurich added to FSX  (Read 4535 times)

Mauro

JFK, KLAX and Zurich added to FSX
« on: February 16, 2018, 12:54:26 pm »
My sim already performed OK. i7700, 1060, 8 RAM win10, Orbx global+europe, many addons pay, Feelthere Airbus, Maddog,  PMDG 737NGX and 777X. I had the bad idea to add FSDREAM JFK, KLAX and ZurichX to my Addons scenery. As soon I installed one of the scenery my sim was completely distroyed, tree on sky, aircraft skeleton, aircraft missing (only shadow), starways missing in some scenery, tree  low quality etc.... I  disinstalled immediately the scenery, but some problem still remains. For cross checking I purchased JFK from DD and no problem I found in spite that DD scenery is much more "Heavy" than yours. Addon Manager seems to work properly, +++redistributable installed, Firewall and Kaspersky inactive... Recently I tweak "Himem=1 and the situation improved a little. So I installed again Zurich but most part of time Building are missing specially usinh PMDG 777.
Suggestions?

Thanks

Mauro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK, KLAX and Zurich added to FSX
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:17:44 pm »
Recently I tweak "Himem=1 and the situation improved a little. So I installed again Zurich but most part of time Building are missing specially usinh PMDG 777.

This sentence of yours leads to believe you didn't had the HIGHMEMFIX tweak before, at least not until recently.

This tweak is MANDATORY in FSX, otherwise video memory will just be corrupted, and this doesn't have anything to do with any of our sceneries, it's just that you simply installed too many addons, used too high graphic settings, didn't use that tweak, are using other undocumented tweaks which are not appropriate for your system, or a combination of everything.

I suggest doing this:

- Delete your FSX.CFG, so FSX will create a new one from scratch, so you'll get rid of any possible dangerous undocumented tweak.

- Reinstall all the FSDT sceneries again. This is required, because the installers will have to add their own paths for objects in the FSX.CFG

- Enable ONLY the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak, and nothing else.

Mauro

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 08:48:01 pm »
It is exactly what I did, but yours three scenery still have problems (specially buildings are missing). . All other pay sceneries are perfect , even very heavy (Rome, Milan, Barcelona, NY DD, Pittsburgh, many from Fly Tampa, KLAX fotoreal V3.0, Lemg, NICE, Ibiza, Venice.... Only FSdream have still problems.

I appreciate your further comments

Mauro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 09:56:58 pm »
It is exactly what I did, but yours three scenery still have problems (specially buildings are missing). . All other pay sceneries are perfect , even very heavy (Rome, Milan, Barcelona, NY DD, Pittsburgh, many from Fly Tampa, KLAX fotoreal V3.0, Lemg, NICE, Ibiza, Venice.... Only FSdream have still problems

First, you said that installing our scenery, your "sim was completely destroyed", now you say all other sceneries are "perfect". This clearly indicates that:

- We didn't destroy anything

- Your existing configuration HAD a problem, which caused the problem you said it was caused by our installer.

- The other sceneries are now "perfect", so the suggestion to reset the FSX.CFG and set only the HIGHMEMFIX tweak, was the appropriate one.

So, now that everything else is really perfect, it means you probably have another, different, problem. Do you have BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl menu under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

Mauro

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 10:23:09 am »
Destroy meaning at the first installation was "out of memory". The only difference between FSDREAM scenery and others are Addon Manager and Couatl, both present in FSX bar Modules. Setting Highmem=1 and replacing FSX.cfg the situation of all other sceneries is now "almost normal", only the three FSDREAM sceneries show no buildings (Terminals) only jetways present. What about AffinityMask at 84 or more? I have 8 GB Ram, do you think that I have to increase at 16?

Mauro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 10:27:33 am »
Addon Manager and Couatl, both present in FSX bar Modules.

only the three FSDREAM sceneries show no buildings (Terminals) only jetways present.

If you see both menus, it means the software is running correctly. Is the Addon Manager reporting the scenery to be installed ?

Mauro

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 10:35:44 am »
YES dedinitely. Reading other post on the same matter I realized that many people have the same problem of building missing and Animations not working. For instance if I press Shift + F scenery sais "No fuel truck is available on this airport...

Mauro

Nota: sei Colapicchioni? If so I met you many many year ago in Virtuali shop in Milan....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 10:41:33 am »
YES dedinitely. Reading other post on the same matter I realized that many people have the same problem of building missing

Do they appear if you got close to them ? If yes, that's because you must have set a Compatibility mode for FSX.EXE, which shouldn't be set.

Animations not working. For instance if I press Shift + F scenery sais "No fuel truck is available on this airport...

That doesn't have anything to do with it. It's entirely normal, and you are supposed to use the GSX fuel truck instead, which is much better than the default one.

Nota: sei Colapicchioni? If so I met you many many year ago in Virtuali shop in Milan....

Sure.