Author Topic: GSX CTRL SHIFT F12  (Read 9123 times)

natoseigh

GSX CTRL SHIFT F12
« on: February 16, 2018, 12:54:40 am »
Hello Umberto
for some reason since i updated to p3d v4.2 anytime i try to use the default command for the GSX menu to pop up,which is CTRL SHIFT F12 the menu pops up and automatically goes to deboarding when i havent even issued it a command for it,and the same happens when am done with catering and trying to start boarding it goes to deboarding or even when am trying to get the menu up to select push back it goes to deboarding,what do i do to fix this please?i have uninstalled GSX and reinstalled ,it still didnt solve the problem.
thank you
nathaniel

Er!k

Re: GSX CTRL SHIFT F12
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 05:16:19 pm »
I think you are referring to this issue: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=128537

I have the same issue. @ Umberto, according to LM this is an issue of the developer?

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 04:44:39 pm »
I'm getting this as well. It's a super annoying bug.

Mejjo

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 09:48:30 pm »
Hi guys,

Glad i'm not the only one having this issue. Since installing 4.2 i'm getting it too. Its very annoying when trying to bring up the menu it automatically requests deboarding. Does anyone know if a fix? Is this a GSX bug?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 10:58:28 pm »
This issue doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which doesn't require any updates.

The menu bug came up during the beta, and LM fixed it very quickly and, they said to developers it required a Content update, not that we had to update our apps to support changes to Simconnect, because there were none related to the menu, and after the fixed it, all affected apps (GSX, SODE, etc.) started to work again with no changes required on our part.

Could be that you upgrade to P3D 4.2 using just the Client ? If yes, try to update the Content as well. I always update P3D using the full installer, which might explain why I cannot see any issues.

Mejjo

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 11:24:05 pm »
This issue doesn't have anything to do with GSX, which doesn't require any updates.

The menu bug came up during the beta, and LM fixed it very quickly and, they said to developers it required a Content update, not that we had to update our apps to support changes to Simconnect, because there were none related to the menu, and after the fixed it, all affected apps (GSX, SODE, etc.) started to work again with no changes required on our part.

Could be that you upgrade to P3D 4.2 using just the Client ? If yes, try to update the Content as well. I always update P3D using the full installer, which might explain why I cannot see any issues.

Hey,

That is strange as this is a fresh install of P3D V4.2 - Is it possible to have anything to do with FSUIPC? As i have rolled back that version as people have reported issues with the latest.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 11:26:11 pm »
That is strange as this is a fresh install of P3D V4.2 - Is it possible to have anything to do with FSUIPC? As i have rolled back that version as people have reported issues with the latest.

That's possible, I don't have FSUIPC installed, so I cannot say, but several people have posted issues with the very latest version of it, and went back to an earlier version.

Mejjo

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 11:30:02 pm »

That's possible, I don't have FSUIPC installed, so I cannot say, but several people have posted issues with the very latest version of it, and went back to an earlier version.

Hmm, Well its good to know its not a GSX bug.. But is is so annoying that deboarding automatically starts lol - I guess i will have to wait for Pete to return from holiday and release a new FSUIPC. If that doesn't work its over to Lockheed.

elButz

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 10:36:51 am »
Hi,
I also had these issues (auto selecting pushback direction, deboarding, gate selection etc.)
I'm not using FSUIPC for control bindings, just for the FSFX effects. After deleting it my text menus work again. Had v5.1.21 installed, some other users found 5.1.22 was working for them.
Regards,
Johannes Butz

natoseigh

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 07:06:59 pm »
where did u get the version of FSUIPC?

Mejjo

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 11:27:30 pm »
Just to update a little bit. I have checked this issue with FSUIPC not installed and the problem remains. It doesn't seem to matter which versions are installed either.

I contacted Lockheed about it and they are saying that there is no issue there end... So this is becoming increasingly frustrating now.

jonathan_f

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 08:49:16 am »

This issue seems to be related to the last key press being stored and then when you open GSX it remembers that and executes it. See here:  http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=128537&sid=b9406064f1a79a2df114bf5852f8c2b5&start=15

You can replicate this easily by pressing 1 and then CTRL+F12 - GSX will start deboarding. Reset GSX and repeat with 2 and it will do catering etc etc. However, if you press 8 or 9 and then CTRL+F12, GSX crashes with a COUATL restart message (pic and log attached). So, whilst not strictly anything to do with GSX, it is getting tripped up by this problem.

Er!k

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 09:49:40 am »
Thanks for sharing the info. Hope it will be resolved soon. As a workaround I restart COUATL now manually...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2018, 10:38:21 am »
So, whilst not strictly anything to do with GSX, it is getting tripped up by this problem.

Yes, after several more tests, it's 100% confirmed this is the case and, of course, it will affect every addon that use a menu, and there's just nothing we can do to fix this: only LM can do that.

Even the Sample application provided in the SDK is equally affected by this problem.

iuli

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 10:34:09 pm »
Solved by me by keep CTRL key pressed for around 5 seconds or more then use the combination of CTRL+F12.