Author Topic: Deactivated and uninstalled KLAX V2, Live Update still thinks it's installed.  (Read 2485 times)

dornier

Hi,

I deactivated KLAX V2 with the Add On manager in P3D V4.1.  Then I uninstalled KLAX V2.  When I ran P3D, the Add on manager was missing .dat files and wouldn't run.  I have other FSDreamteam sceneries to inlcude GSX and wanted to repair this issue.  I downloaded the current version of the standalone manager and ran it.  During the live updates, it still thinks that KLAX V2 is still installed and it's taking forever to download 227 files.  How do I fix this?

Thanks,

George

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I deactivated KLAX V2 with the Add On manager in P3D V4.1.  Then I uninstalled KLAX V2.  When I ran P3D, the Add on manager was missing .dat files and wouldn't run.  I have other FSDreamteam sceneries to inlcude GSX and wanted to repair this issue.

That's because you must have replied Yes to the question about removing the Addon Manager, something you shouldn't have done if you have other FSDT sceneries. You should have only uninstalled KLAX, without replying Yes to the question about removing the Addon Manager.

I downloaded the current version of the standalone manager and ran it.  During the live updates, it still thinks that KLAX V2 is still installed and it's taking forever to download 227 files.  How do I fix this?

This simply cannot happen, if you really uninstalled KLAX. Are you sure it's trying to restore KLAX files and not, for example, other Addon Manager files which were removed when you replied Yes to the question about removing it ?

In any case, the Live Update will check for the presence of this folder to decide if KLAX is installed:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_KLAX

And this should be removed when uninstalling KLAX. Provided, of course, you haven't moved any files manually.

dornier

Hi Umberto,

I answered no to uninstalling the add on manager since I have other Fsdreamteam sceneries.  I also uninstalled via the windows 10 add/remove programs after deactivating the scenery.  When I ran the updater, it actually downloaded 227 files (292mb) and created a KLAX V2 folder.

I just looked in the MISC folder and yes, KLAX is there.  I'll delete both KLAX folders. By the way, could it be possible that my issue is related to the Add On folder location?  My location is on my J drive versus C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_KLAX. 

Thanks,

George
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 04:59:32 am by dornier »