Author Topic: Licensing/Activation Question  (Read 2981 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Licensing/Activation Question
« on: February 10, 2018, 12:13:17 pm »
I have a quick question regarding licensing and activations, as I read the installation guide to see if it would answer the question, but it doesn't clear up any confusion I have. Right now, I am running FSDreamteam add-ons on my laptop for FSX. I plan on getting a new desktop with P3D V4, however that computer will remain at home. When I'm at work, I will still be using the laptop (I spend more time at work than I do at home, given that I drive a truck for a living). So my question is, are the FSDreamteam add-ons only able to be active on one computer at a time, and if that's the case, do I need to buy separate licenses if I want to continue to use them for both computers? I won't be using both computers at the same time, but I will be switching back and forth between the two. I understand there's a certain number of activations within a 90-day period, so I would like to avoid running out. Thanks.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Licensing/Activation Question
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 01:58:20 pm »
So my question is, are the FSDreamteam add-ons only able to be active on one computer at a time, and if that's the case, do I need to buy separate licenses if I want to continue to use them for both computers?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

It's true I'm not free to change hardware by using this purchasing system?

Absolutely not. It's important to understand that the sales system itself doesn't have any knowledge of the publisher's licence terms. Every publisher that uses this system will choose his own license terms independently so, the freedom to change hardware (or the lack of it) varies depending on the publisher. We chose to offer a very liberal licensing policy regarding activations: there are 6 activations available per order, coupled with auto-reclaim every 90 days. This means, in general, that you can change your hardware up to 6 times in a 90 days period, without running into activation issues.

So, with 6 activations per order, you surely can use it with more than one PC at the same time (assuming YOU are the only user).

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 02:02:16 am »
Okay, so just to be clear, if I activate it on the new computer once i get it, it won't de-activate it on the old one?
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 10:20:39 am »
Okay, so just to be clear, if I activate it on the new computer once i get it, it won't de-activate it on the old one?

No, that's why there's a separate Deactivate button in the Addon Manager, which you use when you need to dispose/sell the PC, or when you are planning a total reinstall of the OS.