Author Topic: AI civilian aircraft at hickam  (Read 4160 times)

maverickcdj

AI civilian aircraft at hickam
« on: February 10, 2018, 09:46:45 am »
If this is a solved issue I promised I checked google and this forum, but I haven't found a fix for AI civilian aircraft parking at the Hickam gates. It's only international flights that use heavy aircraft, and the Hawaiian A330's. I've downloaded AED and the AFCAD duplicate checker and everything appears in order. The gates are all properly marked mil. I don't use a paywere AI traffic, I generate my own using AFIP3. I noticed wile selecting a gate when starting a flight there are duplicate parking spots. Out of the 47 labeled parking spots all have a duplicate with some having many. See attachment. I downloaded the afcad from this post(http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12635.0.html) to see if it would help. It moved the A330 from gate 48-50:). However they just joined their fellow A330 and all my international airlines at Hickam. In my searches I read about adding MIAW's Alaska and the islands ANG. Is this the only real fix?  Any and all help is appreciated.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: AI civilian aircraft at hickam
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 11:23:06 pm »
 Easy enough to use ADE to fix them. I don't have any airline traffic parking near Hickam, everyone parks pretty much where they should.

It all comes down to having enough spots of the right size (radius that is, Heavy, Medium, Small really means nothing) to fit what you have for your traffic.

maverickcdj

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 03:56:15 am »
attached are the bgl's from the PHNL folder in the addon manager and from the main scenery folder(FSX\scenery\0003\scenery). The bgl from the main scenery fold has less heavy spots then the other. Should I rebuild the main bgl to mirror the one from FSdreamteam?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 08:21:21 am »
 You want to make it work for your AI. The PHNL ade that comes with FSDT HNL has parking spots that are FAR too massive and also with very few airline codes. It's because of this that you have AI parking in more appropriate sized spots that are smaller and not coded. No you don't want to base it off the default that comes with FSX/P3d, that's more than likely much worse.
  Try looking here. http://www.kai-kamjunke.de/?s=PHNL    It's radius sizes are still off and not to real world values, but it's MUCH better than the one that comes with FSDT HNL. Use it as a base and go from there.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:42:50 am by Dave_YVR »

maverickcdj

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 02:54:56 am »
Thank you for the help. Changing the radius fixed it.

DAL777-232

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 12:41:41 am »
I have a question. I remember there being some files that needed to be deleted from the PHNL scenery to delete the static C17's. Which one(s) are they please.
SGT. Robert P Armstrong (Ret)